Trusted Contributor

Re: Madame Tussauds Boots Harry & Meghan

[ Edited ]

I've been really conflicted about this whole situation. I've always wished that Prince Harry would one day find the happiness and security that he seemed to be missing in his life. I was really hoping that Meghan would be that person for him and was really rooting for Team Sussex, despite a few doubts about her motives and where this might go. 

At this point, I'm disheartened to see the direction that it's  taking and worry about about the toll it's taking on Prince Harry, who I think still has a lot of unresolved issues. In some of the pictures taken the day before they dropped this news, he seems quite troubled and his expression seems almost haunted. She however, almost seems a little too smug for my comfort level. I hope I'm wrong and Piers Morgan doesn't actually turn out to be the voice of reason in all this 😳

70C0491C-1592-46FB-A48F-FE8E33810ACB.jpeg

E823FA24-8717-4A90-9EF5-5E8C367F90D9.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I am surprised, but they seem to be headed down the Wallis and David pathway.  That is sad to see.  I'm still not sure what their issue is.  Boo hoo? 

Increasingly they do. They appear to be isolating themselves and adopting a 'you and me against the world' mentality. Now, they apparently also want to live abroad. There were so many parallels initially drawn when Harry first decided to marry an American divorcee, and it appears, as times goes by, history is almost repeating itself... It's Interesting in a strange sort of way...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I know Harry is 7th in line so it isn't as if he could be King anytime soon.I was surprised M was so open in her interview. I wouldn't be surprised if she suffered from post partum depression. She did say her  best friend warned her about the pressures of being a member of the Royal Family but she never knew it would be this difficult.

I know Harry DOES NOT want his wife to be hounded by the paparazzi . He is always haunted by his mother's demise so I don't blame him for wanting to be intimately involved in all things Royal. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

one of the articles i read (page six) said that meghan/harry would now be mixed in more with the celebrities that she is "more familiar with."

also seen via social media......a new hashtag......#megxit.

Megxit... Cute... Smiley LOL

@stevieb ...I like that one too, it fits perfectly.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb I mentioned the Wallis Simpson similarities and was insulted by the "regulars" who often derail/close a thread; this was back when "troubles" were beginning to bubble to the surface.  Fact was, I was repeating what family members in England were discussing and quite often. They are outraged now and the name "Wallis" is being used in the same sentence as "Meghan".

Edited due to my phone and auto correct.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Shoekitty said

more like, thats how the wax melts.  Lol

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Harry isn't owned, he can renounce his title, give up his royal privileges, allowance and walk away. There is nothing American about Meghan's behavior, she joined an exclusive club and refused to abide by the established protocol. More than that, she has disrespected the members of the club and those who are financing her privileged lifestyle.

@occasionalrain   You just won the prize for an excellent post.  Megan knew exactly what she was doing each step of the way from the very beginning.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

And so it continues.... Prince Andrew who is Colonel of Grenadier Guards being ‘replaced’ and will not ride in Trooping of  Colour Queen’s official birthday this year in June.   The Queen has her hands full I think.

Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

There will never be an end to drama and missteps from those two so the sooner they are made to fade away, the better.

-----

I think they appear to be the most attractive and interesting,

pair, in that staidity ( I think I made up a new word😈) that is the royal family. 

Seriously, we're all worlds removed from their world. We no more know the real stories, behind the dramas, than we know the winning Lotto numbers. 

Esteemed Contributor

I believe Meghan had planned this from the beginning of her relationship with Harry. She is an actress and a very good one. Harry is now following her down this dark tunnel away from his family who loved and protected him. He has a son with her so his obligations are very stressful. It is sad because Harry and William were so close and now so very far apart.I

I don't think this marriage will last when Harry finally wakes up to reality. The whole situation is very sad but it was very predictable from the beginning. Capture the Prince and then create your own world.