Esteemed Contributor

@engineer wrote:

I had the same situation. Knew a pkg. was to arrive (out for delivery) waited all day. So upset. Made myself physically sick. My hus. said he would walk down our street. The pkg. had been left at the next door house. This house has been empty for 2 years. Lady in nursing home. I think postmen are eager to deliver on a saturday and don't even check house numbers on pkg. It was a pkg. from the Q and correctly addressed. I completely understand your feelings. Please let us know when your" loves" collar arrives.

YOu got physically sick waiting for a Q package?   SEriously???

Respected Contributor

I've recently had this happen.  We have lock boxes and the parcel key was put in someone else's box.   When I called the post office they said that the gps showed it was delivered to that location.   It took me 4 days to get it from my neighbor whom I'd already talked to.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nicknack  I had a beautiful hand-made Etsy collar picked out I was going to order for my smooth collie Cassidy.  Unfortunate she had an autoimmune disease to which she succumbed and I never got the chance to get it for her.  All of my other dogs are long-haired and you can't see their collars so they get nylon. 

@Kachina624  I'm so sorry for the loss of your collie.  I always had long haired dogs (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and a Japanese Chin) before Frankie, my Frenchie.  I never could see their collars, so I've had fun picking out several collars for Frankie from etsy.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

@NickNack ~ Be sure to check with your neighbors.  A couple of months ago the exact same thing happened to me.  Only difference instead of a dog collar, it was some vintage birds I purchased on ebay.  The tracking showed it was delivered but no boxes here.  My husband came home from work and (of course) I was irritated so he took it upon himself to walk up and down the sidewalk and found it two doors down sitting outside their front door.  Go figure.  My address starts with "11" and theirs starts with "10."  Yet they still delivered it to the wrong house.  I hope you get your package soon.  By the way, I saw some adorable dog collars on etsy that included either a bow or a flower.  You could order them to match the seasons.  I don't think I can ask the name of the vendor on here but I wonder if you purchased the same kind, lol!

@Julie928  One reason I don't think my neighbors have it is because it says it was delivered at 2:45.  Our mail came at 11:00.  I think the Post Office just put in that it was delivered since it was scheduled for delivery yesterday.  I'll bet I get it tomorrow (Monday).  If I don't I will call them after the mail arrives.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@SisterGoldenHair wrote:

@NickNackIf UPS delivered it to the post office after the mailman left for the day, then it may be possible that it says delivered meaning it was delivered to the post office. This has happened to me before. Hope this may be what happened.

Then the next day it is delivered by the post office. This has also happened to me when Fedex delivers to the post office.

@SisterGoldenHair  It was shipped USPS, not UPS.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@NickNack, you should have called the Post office right away. If something says out for delivery, I check as soon as I hear the mail truck to see if it says delivered. I run out side while the truck is down the block to make sure that it has been delivered.

If it's not there, I call the Post Office right away, and they put me on hold while they contact the mail carrier. In a few minutes, the delivery is made and they usually call back to make sure. This has happened a few times. With GPS they can check to see where the package was delivered.

@Sage04  That's a good idea.  I've never done that.  It's usually delivered the next day.  I'll do that the next time though.  I was really looking forward to receiving it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@auburngal wrote:

For the future, check the USPS site to see if you can sign up for Informed Delivery - it lets you know everyday (not sure about Saturday) what mail is coming to you that day. It actually scans copies of the first 10 pieces and sends you an email first thing in the morning. That way, you don't have to wait for the delivery! Not all zip codes are eligible, but lots are.

@auburngal  I have that, and the collar package wasn't scanned.  They don't scan packages, so I thought that's why it hadn't been scanned.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@Julie928  One reason I don't think my neighbors have it is because it says it was delivered at 2:45.  Our mail came at 11:00.  I think the Post Office just put in that it was delivered since it was scheduled for delivery yesterday.  I'll bet I get it tomorrow (Monday).  If I don't I will call them after the mail arrives.

If I don't get a package it usually says 'could not be delivered'   which means to me they left it on the truck and forgot it.    I have had UPS guys bring my package late and on their own time.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

i have had notations of delivery when i did not receive from PO - and had pkg delivered the next day and NOT had pkg delivered the next day or at all. so i give it one day then march to p o with tracking in hand.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks - good to know that they don't scan packages. I have only had it for two weeks