Honored Contributor

I ended up trying to call my local post office several times to tell them about this.  I let it ring about 20 times each time, and no one answered.  I filed a complaint by e-mail via their compliment/complaint form.  It said I would get a reply in 24 hours.  This was on Wednesday, and I haven't gotten a response.  I did get a survey to fill out asking if I was happy with the way everything was resolved!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: Mad At Post Office (UPDATED)

Oh NickNack .... today I sent my husband into our post office (with tracking # in hand) to get a package that was there for 4 days from Shutterfly (a cell phone case with my 2 spaniels on it).  Our P.O. is a small building and their excuse is "we get too many packages to handle"~!  Oh please.

Your collar is adorable~!

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Oh NickNack .... today I sent my husband into our post office (with tracking # in hand) to get a package that was there for 4 days from Shutterfly (a cell phone case with my 2 spaniels on it).  Our P.O. is a small building and their excuse is "we get too many packages to handle"~!  Oh please.

Your collar is adorable~!

Thank you @seaBreeze.  I'll bet your cell phone case is really cute, too!

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Just had to share .... case from Shutterfly who always does a superb job ... available for Samsung and iphone too~!    Took my spaniels to O.C. Maryland ... they had the time of their lives, so had to capture the moment.

@NickNack

Cell phone case - dogs.jpg

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze  I love it!  Thanks for posting this.  Bo and Gracey are beautiful.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Update:  See last post (post #41) for updated information and pictures.

I had something that was supposed to be delivered today.  I was really looking forward to it as I had ordered it two weeks ago from etsy.  It was a custom made dog collar.  This morning it said it was out for delivery.  My mail came around 11:00, and it was not delivered.  I thought it might come on a separate truck, because strangely enough that does happen sometimes.  I kept checking tracking, and it still said it was out for delivery.  I don't know why, but I checked it again a few minutes ago, and it said it had been delivered at 2:45.  I went out to my mailbox and it's not there.

I am so irritated.  I hope it shows up on Monday.  Sometimes I think the post office puts delivered when it hasn't really been delivered.  I think that has happened to me in the past, but I'm not sure.  If it doesn't come Monday I'll assume they delivered it to the wrong address.  I'm so disappointed.  I know it's just a dog collar, but if I don't get it there's no way I can get my money back or get a replacement.  Smiley Sad

@NickNack  This happened to me, and after research and speaking to someone at the post office, discovered that the post office had the package there, it was never delivered, and I never received the package, i.e, they outright stole my package.  I filed a complaint with the Postmaster General, and never heard anything.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

I had something that was supposed to be delivered today.  I was really looking forward to it as I had ordered it two weeks ago from etsy.  It was a custom made dog collar.  This morning it said it was out for delivery.  My mail came around 11:00, and it was not delivered.  I thought it might come on a separate truck, because strangely enough that does happen sometimes.  I kept checking tracking, and it still said it was out for delivery.  I don't know why, but I checked it again a few minutes ago, and it said it had been delivered at 2:45.  I went out to my mailbox and it's not there.

I am so irritated.  I hope it shows up on Monday.  Sometimes I think the post office puts delivered when it hasn't really been delivered.  I think that has happened to me in the past, but I'm not sure.  If it doesn't come Monday I'll assume they delivered it to the wrong address.  I'm so disappointed.  I know it's just a dog collar, but if I don't get it there's no way I can get my money back or get a replacement.  Smiley Sad

@NickNack  This happened to me, and after research and speaking to someone at the post office, discovered that the post office had the package there, it was never delivered, and I never received the package, i.e, they outright stole my package.  I filed a complaint with the Postmaster General, and never heard anything.

@mousiegirl  Why didn't you ever receive the package if they had it at the Post Office?  

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@mousiegirl  Why didn't you ever receive the package if they had it at the Post Office?  

@NickNack  That remains a mystery.  I should have gone to a news network to expose them.  Through the years, I have lost hundreds of dollars worth of items through usps, so obviously there is theft there, especially around the holidays, so I insure everything, at least then they will move to locate a package.

Once, a package was missing for six months, the post office saying they didn't have it, and only after the seller filed a claim for $600 did the post office find it, had been sitting on the shelf all along.  Between usps and ups, I could write a book.