Trusted Contributor

Re: Mad At Post Office

[ Edited ]

@NickNack, that's exactly what my post office does. if a package doesn't fit into my mailbox, the carrier doesn't carry it around with them on their route.They don't feel like coming back just to deliver the package but they mark it as "delivered." 

I had tracking info on an expensive item that I'd ordered show as being delivered but I never got it. I called the post office that services my area  the next business day & filed a complaint with the delivery supervisor. Lo & behold my package suddenly showed up a couple of days later.

Honored Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

@NickNack, that's exactly what my post office does. if a package doesn't fit into my mailbox, the carrier doesn't carry it around with them on their route.They don't feel like coming back just to deliver the package but they mark it as "delivered." 

I had tracking info on an expensive item that I'd ordered show as being delivered but I never got it. I called the post office that services my area  the next business day & filed a complaint with the delivery supervisor. Lo & behold my package suddenly showed up a couple of days later.

@sgraham30  Amazing how they suddenly can find things.  This would have definitely fit in my mailbox.  It is just a cat collar in an envelope.  I think they overlooked it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a terrible altracation with the PO for 20 yrs I have been having the same  bird seed delivered with no problems.all of a sudden a new postgirl refused to deliver it and said i need to pick it up.

If I could get out I would have bought it myself and not had it delivered. Anyway I asked her to let me get it out of the truck ,she refused!!  We had words!!! I called the PO to report  her and the girl at the phone took her side,I said then return the bird seed to the seller which she did! This has caused me to give up a hobby I have loved for 25 yrs   .  Smiley Sad

I will buy from another company using fedex when winter comes.

My reg  mail  now is not nornal and  is being left in an old box we no longer use or none at all    Smiley Sad

I hope my reg mailman is just on vacation and not transfered!

Trusted Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@SisterGoldenHair wrote:

@NickNackIf UPS delivered it to the post office after the mailman left for the day, then it may be possible that it says delivered meaning it was delivered to the post office. This has happened to me before. Hope this may be what happened.

Then the next day it is delivered by the post office. This has also happened to me when Fedex delivers to the post office.

@SisterGoldenHair  It was shipped USPS, not UPS.

@NickNackIt may say that but now UPS and Fedex deliver to the post office. They are all intertwined now. You may get it tomorrow.

Trusted Contributor

The post office does scan packages.

Trusted Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

@sgraham30It sounds like the postmaster at your post office isn't following rules.

My husband was a mail carrier for years and they couldn't leave a package or mail.

Honored Contributor

We are not on GPS so many probs w/delivery.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@Nicknack  It'll be interesting to see if your package shows up Monday.  Be sure to let us know, and if you ever get it we'll need to see a picture of Frankie in her new collar. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nicknack  It'll be interesting to see if your package shows up Monday.  Be sure to let us know, and if you ever get it we'll need to see a picture of Frankie in her new collar. 

@Kachina624   Yes, I'll post a picture of Frankie in her collar!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack...Did you order the dog collar on Etsy? I had a custom-made cat collar made for our cat on Etsy. There is a lady on there who does fantastic work.

All  of our packages from the USPS come on a different truck from the regular mail truck, I've never had the experience of something being marked "delivered" when it wasn't. Around here, they don't mark it delivered until they are standing by your door with that little Ipad in their hand.

Good luck with getting this straightened out.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli