Honored Contributor

Mad At Post Office (UPDATED)

[ Edited ]

Update:  See last post (post #41) for updated information and pictures.

I had something that was supposed to be delivered today.  I was really looking forward to it as I had ordered it two weeks ago from etsy.  It was a custom made dog collar.  This morning it said it was out for delivery.  My mail came around 11:00, and it was not delivered.  I thought it might come on a separate truck, because strangely enough that does happen sometimes.  I kept checking tracking, and it still said it was out for delivery.  I don't know why, but I checked it again a few minutes ago, and it said it had been delivered at 2:45.  I went out to my mailbox and it's not there.

I am so irritated.  I hope it shows up on Monday.  Sometimes I think the post office puts delivered when it hasn't really been delivered.  I think that has happened to me in the past, but I'm not sure.  If it doesn't come Monday I'll assume they delivered it to the wrong address.  I'm so disappointed.  I know it's just a dog collar, but if I don't get it there's no way I can get my money back or get a replacement.  Smiley Sad

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

check your porch, around the mailbox, etc.

I've had UPS to drag stuff to my back door instead of the front

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

check your porch, around the mailbox, etc.

I've had UPS to drag stuff to my back door instead of the front

@SharkE  I did, and it just isn't anywhere.  I don't think he would have brought it to the porch anyway.  It would have just been in an envelope.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

don't guess somebody stole it since you were looking for it, if he put in wrong box he will get it returned to him and you will get it eventually.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack,  You better follow up because it could have been delivered to someone else; one of your neighbors perhaps?  I was waiting for a delivery from UPS today.  I gave up after 5:30 pm.  It was after 6 pm when UPS showed up.  I did not think they would deliver that late on a Sat.  I felt sorry for the guy  (it's 86 outside) but glad I got my package.  I bought a white pitch stitch quilt from Pottery Barn.  It is so soft and beautiful.  I want to use it for my summer blanket and coverlet and change to a duvet in winter and toss the quilt and the feet.  The duvet is off white so white and off white look so good together.  Don't forget to call 1st thing on Monday as the PO needs to investigate.  HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My UPS don't get here till 6:30-7:00 and around Xmas---Good Luck ! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I think someone else on here posted about the same kind of thing a few weeks ago. I would be mad too.

Honored Contributor

I had bought a gold bracelet from the Q (not the IMperial Gold) couple of yrs. ago. and mailman took it to my school teacher neighbor. Thank God, almighty, she walked over, rang the bell and handed to me.

After that I got a fancy rock and had it numbered and another decorative rock and had my last name put on it and out in  my front yard amongst my little flower garden. Put number letters on my post box all I can do. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@NickNack,  You better follow up because it could have been delivered to someone else; one of your neighbors perhaps?  I was waiting for a delivery from UPS today.  I gave up after 5:30 pm.  It was after 6 pm when UPS showed up.  I did not think they would deliver that late on a Sat.  I felt sorry for the guy  (it's 86 outside) but glad I got my package.  I bought a white pitch stitch quilt from Pottery Barn.  It is so soft and beautiful.  I want to use it for my summer blanket and coverlet and change to a duvet in winter and toss the quilt and the feet.  The duvet is off white so white and off white look so good together.  Don't forget to call 1st thing on Monday as the PO needs to investigate.  HeartCat Very Happy

I will definitely call the PO on Monday morning @Katcat1.  I have the white pick stitch quilt from Pottery Barn, too, and love it!  I have the European pillow shams to match.  Recently they had the Hadley Ruched Shams on sale for $21 each.  They're usually $49.50.  I bought them to go on my bed, too, and they look great.

-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Sorry you did not get your mail delivery today.   This happened to me with my postal carrier.   Yes the post office does put delivered and it is not delivered.  Yes it is frustrating.  I hope it is delvered to you on Monday.