Contributor
I work part time at macys....employees were given a notice....they were going to open at 8 pm on thanksgiving, but have decided, since customers enjoy shopping on thanksgiving, (their words not mine) to open at 6pm...have to report at 5:45 and work till 3:30 am!!!!!! Does anyone know where I can get thanksgiving dinner at a drive threw!!!!! Anything for a buck
Honored Contributor

Re: Macy's thanksgiving hours

Sorry you have to work on Thanksgiving. I think there may be customers in there until 9 or 10, but I doubt many will be shopping after 10 p.m. I don't think they should stay open all night on Thanksgiving. I spoke with a friend of mine who works there, and she said after 10 p.m. until 5 or 6 a.m. there were few customers in the store. And, the Macys I go to is the busiest one in the State.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Eat earlier in the day, maybe ?

Honored Contributor

Sorry the store will be open on Thanksgiving.

It's that time of year for these threads, I guess. Uh-oh

Respected Contributor

Didn't Macy's, along with other stores, start doing this last year?

I remember a discussion about many people do nothing on Thanksgiving and would love to get a jump on Black Friday. By opening the night before they hoped to alleviate the sometimes dangerous stampedes.

Restaurants, movie theaters and (always) hospitals are fully staffed on Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

On 10/8/2014 muttmom said:

Didn't Macy's, along with other stores, start doing this last year?

I remember a discussion about many people do nothing on Thanksgiving and would love to get a jump on Black Friday. By opening the night before they hoped to alleviate the sometimes dangerous stampedes.

Restaurants, movie theaters and (always) hospitals are fully staffed on Thanksgiving.

Many many many stores have been doing this for years, I thought Macy's was one of the hold outs not yielding to the lure of the dollar, I guess I am wrong

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

On 10/8/2014 brii said:

i hear ya brii!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

While it is a "pain" if you are a person with family plans, this is the way of certain jobs/careers.

You have to work around it, or pick a different job.

These stores are doing it because the public likes it more than it dislikes it. They are in the business of making money.

(coming from a Mom who has worked around Thanksgiving working schedules for many years due to kids work schedules)

Honored Contributor

On 10/8/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 10/8/2014 brii said:

i hear ya brii!

Smiley Happy)

Respected Contributor

Working crazy hours during the holiday comes with the territory.

I did it so I understand how you feel but...