Super Contributor

Re: Macy's thanksgiving hours

Nevermind, it's still too big. lol

Trusted Contributor

On 10/23/2014 ROMARY said:

brii: I don't know about 'exciting', though. I edited my above post, BTW. I wish I could show you the listings and sold prices. Just got a large photo post card with another sale. I know, it's ridiculous. And guess what? The new owners seem to have extra cash to completely remodel the houses before they move in. Or shortly afterwards. We really 'don't get it'. But, I do recall, years ago, the same thing happening. It was the 'dot com'ers' (very, very young age group, (in their 20's, BTW, from what friends in that area told me) who were buying millions $ plus beautiful homes (not in my area, but nearby, maybe 20 miles or so) which were already remodeled, having those homes completely gutted out, remodeled, and never moving in......just flipping them. But then the 'bubble' burst, and they lost everything, more or less.

Is this in California?

Super Contributor

What I was trying to post was a statement from Costco saying that they are closed again for Thanksgiving this year.

Trusted Contributor

Costco is closed on most holidays, but it is not comparable to most other retail establishments.

Super Contributor

I personally do NOT shop on Thanksgiving Day. I rarely if ever shop at Macy's even though it is less than 10 minutes from my home. I prefer Dillard's. Sorry to everyone who has to work...........If less people shopped maybe the stores would quit opening so early...........I personally don't understand the thrill...........
Super Contributor

On 10/24/2014 KYToby said:

Costco is closed on most holidays, but it is not comparable to most other retail establishments.

I still applaud them. If you open, they will come.

Super Contributor

The dollar is the bottom line in business!