Respected Contributor

I can't say I am pleased with their inventory anymore. I ordered a nice electric blanket and a microfiber blanket for Christmas last year and by the second month the electric blanket quit working and the other blanket unraveled all the way around the edges. I order online because I rarely get out so this didn't help plus they closed the store close to me.

Respected Contributor
TANSY: if you don't have a coupon for Bed Bath, purchase your item. Then when you have a coupon take your receipt and the coupon will be applied to your receipt. I bought something in FL while on vacation but had left my BBB coupons back home. When I got home weeks later, BBB refunded my card the 20% after I showed them the receipt. H T H
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor
that whole pricing sounds INSANE----I don't shop at Macy but I like up-front dealings
Honored Contributor

I wanted to add that I do like Macy's. Our store is clean and neat too but as sylviahomeatlast says.....the pricing does sound insane and is quite confusing and frustrating to lots of people.

Esteemed Contributor

I only shop on their sale days: less confusion.

Also, if I were in your boots, I'd be so over Macy's. You've gotten all wound up. Perhaps it might be wise to seek out other sources for your needs.

Super Contributor

I really don't have any complaints about Macy's. With their coupons I get some really fantastic deals there on clothes, shoes, etc. And for larger items, I have one salesman I go to each time I want to purchase furniture. He has bent over backwards to give me deals or free delivery even when they aren't always offered by the store. I have now bought a dining set, a credenza, and a recliner from him. He knows I will always ask for him now.

Respected Contributor
On 8/20/2014 jubilant said:

DH and I find Macy's coupons frustrating. Just more paperwork to muddle through and so many things you can't get with them....at least the things we like. It seems such a waste of time. I had someone in the jewelry dept. tell me I could buy some earrings (she saw that I had my eye on) at a sale price but would have to come back to get them. We also live about a 35 minute drive from Macy's and only get there about every couple of months. I just told her...."No thanks, I don't know when I will get back this way". My DH said the clerks in men's dept. did this to him and he felt the same way. To us, it is poor business and makes Macy's appear desperate....but then....maybe they are!!!!

Just a note... Macy's has now introduced a program where you scan your Macy's card before the transaction and a list of coupons will come up. Yesterday I had about fifteen available to me. One was a $20.00 coupon off a $50.00 purchase, so I chose that one. I also had a variety of 20% coupons offered to me. It is so much easier now not having to bring coupons along with me.

On Saturday there will be a 25% coupon if you donate five dollars to the March of Dimes. I did a pre-sale for a Dooney. SmileThere was no exclusion for this brand, Coach, etc.

I like shopping at Macy's and often find sales.

Respected Contributor
I love Macy's. I have bought furniture, cookware, clothes, and jewelry there. I don't find the coupons difficult. I.just show them to the sales associate, and they scan them.and let me know what works, or which is the better discount.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor
On 8/22/2014 SoftRaindrops said:
On 8/20/2014 jubilant said:

DH and I find Macy's coupons frustrating. Just more paperwork to muddle through and so many things you can't get with them....at least the things we like. It seems such a waste of time. I had someone in the jewelry dept. tell me I could buy some earrings (she saw that I had my eye on) at a sale price but would have to come back to get them. We also live about a 35 minute drive from Macy's and only get there about every couple of months. I just told her...."No thanks, I don't know when I will get back this way". My DH said the clerks in men's dept. did this to him and he felt the same way. To us, it is poor business and makes Macy's appear desperate....but then....maybe they are!!!!

Just a note... Macy's has now introduced a program where you scan your Macy's card before the transaction and a list of coupons will come up. Yesterday I had about fifteen available to me. One was a $20.00 coupon off a $50.00 purchase, so I chose that one. I also had a variety of 20% coupons offered to me. It is so much easier now not having to bring coupons along with me.

On Saturday there will be a 25% coupon if you donate five dollars to the March of Dimes. I did a pre-sale for a Dooney. SmileThere was no exclusion for this brand, Coach, etc.

I like shopping at Macy's and often find sales.

Thanks for the heads up. I like the sound of this!!

Respected Contributor
Glad, I could help, Jubilant.