Honored Contributor

Macy’s Site is Now Selling Perishables

I was surprised to see, when searching Macy's' website for peppermint bark Woman LOL, that they are now offering over 1,300 food items. Many of them are refrigerated and frozen foods, like you would buy at a supermarket, wholesale club, or order from a food delivery service. Their prices are competitive when there's a sale. 

I presume this is Macy's' way of trying to branch out during very tough times for retailers. I would HATE to see this iconic store chain go out of business! Woman Sad I plan to order some of these food items from them.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Macy’s Site is Now Selling Perishables

Wow, I've never noticed that before and I shop online at Macy's often.  I will definitely check it out.  I love Macy's and also would hate to see them go out of business.  I buy 80% of my clothes from them and also a lot of other items so I would really miss them!

Esteemed Contributor

I am sad to say that Macy's itself has become perishable.

Esteemed Contributor

Macy's is my main online shopping destination. 

Service, shipping,  price and selection have been paramount,  and I have never had a problem. 

Honored Contributor

I love Macy's and shop there often, mostly online.....They have great sales, wonderful customer service and I have never had a problem......Would be very sad to see them go out of business...

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

In July, Macy's laid off thousands of retail employees while top mgmt gave themselves  $9M in bonuses. Including the head of HR. Story on Forbes.

So nope, done shoppin'  there!

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

In July, Macy's laid off thousands of retail employees while top mgmt gave themselves  $9M in bonuses. Including the head of HR. Story on Forbes.

So nope, done shoppin'  there!

@Snowpuppy : l didn't know that-- not cool! Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

To round out the facts, the executive awards were stock grants, not cash.   Although I'm sure that is nevertheless an irritant to many.

Trusted Contributor

@Snowpuppy     Shame on them!  That certainly changes my shopping there!  

Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered 4 different food items to see what the shipment experience is.  The items ship directly from a vendor.

Many things are in bulk, so it is similar to BOXED.  (I didn't order produce or baked goods, just canned and packaged items to see.)