Honored Contributor

I'd have to see their figures to know if it makes some kind of sense, but the truth is it doesn't matter to me.

I know there are deeper sales elsewhere - just not of what I really want to buy.  Also, I know both Kohls and Macys are closing stores because of the problems in retail.  Wonder if that has anything to do with eliminating some coupon uses????

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
Just a warning: Went to Macy's store closing sale and found that many items had new tags with higher prices or new labels pasted onto the original . Some prices were even blacked over but still readable and a new phony price tag attached. Very obvious.

Sounds like a certain supermarket chain that went bankrupt here that did the same thing-- so even with discounts, you were paying the same price as other stores for the items you wanted.

Example: $11.99 for a 12 Ozs. bag of Starbucks coffee that other stores had for either $8.99or $9.99.

I waited till there was at least 70% off before I got those coffees!!

Pike's Place is one of their best.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Macy's Last Act

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

I'd have to see their figures to know if it makes some kind of sense, but the truth is it doesn't matter to me.

I know there are deeper sales elsewhere - just not of what I really want to buy.  Also, I know both Kohls and Macys are closing stores because of the problems in retail.  Wonder if that has anything to do with eliminating some coupon uses????

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

The closing Macy's stores do not accept any Macy's coupons, all sales final.

Also, the scanners were disabled when the store announced it was closing and started their sale.

I shop in Macys all the time i just bought several tops from the last Act section they were all beautiful tops and at $8.13 each why would I need a coupon the prices are drastically cut and I think it's reasonable that you can't use a couple
Honored Contributor

They closed both Macy's stores in my city, amongst many other stores. Very few of my friends ever shopped at Macy's that I know of. IMHO departments stores in general are on there way out. So are the larger stores...Sports Authority comes to mind....Mervyn's, Some Sears and  Kmart...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Macy's Last Act

[ Edited ]

@DollyDee wrote:

I was just in Macy's and you can no longer use coupons on clearance items.  It's called "last act".  The sale associate said this is new.  I was in there to buy end of season clothes for my husband and kids.  They still want $30 plus dollars for winter sweaters.   Just curious about how others feel about this.

The Macy's that I go to hasn't accepted coupons on clearance items since around this time last year. Since I couldn't use the coupon, I didn't purchase the item (s) that I wanted. Because of that policy I haven't bought anything from Macy's since last year. I just recently ordered a couple of pairs of sandals online that were on sale & an additional 30% off was offered for that day only but they got me with S&H. (I still got a great deal even with a S&H charge added) I rarely shop at Macy's any more.

QVC Customer Care