Trusted Contributor

Talk with the the person helping and see if they will be marking down again.  They must have not had a good sales year to keep the prices at the same sale level for weeks.........so they are needing to recoup money from the purchases they purchased for holiday and winter. 

Honored Contributor

I can't tell you the last time I was able to use a coupon there.  They send a ton of coupons and every single time I try to use one, it's a no go.  It's very frustrating.  A woman was in front of me the other day checking out and she really gave the cashier a chewing out over it.  Well, it really isn't her fault what the store policy is, but I know she was upset because it bugs me, too.  Don't bother with the coupons -- it's just a way of getting us in there.  Like a bait and switch.   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I grew up shopping at Macys first Parkchester, NY then New Rochelle NY and finally White Plains, NY, at about 12 my Mom got me a copy of her card so I could "shop" on my own while we were there 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

and now today I read that BB&B is in trouble for always offering the 20% off coupons. Shoppers are not buying until they et their coupons, But those had exclusions too, you could not use them on vaccums, Vitamix, Keurig and other expensive items,

However one day I went in there to buy one thing and I had the coupon, there was a girl in front of me who had a shopping basket full of items and apparently had collected coupons from everyone she knew. she paid for each item individually with 1 coupon and I think she had almost 50 items rung up singly with the coupons after all was said and done. Since there were no other registers open, I had to stand there for my 1 item. 

I always have a bunch of coupons for BB&B because they take expired coupons.  You do not have to ring the items separately.  At our local store they ring the entire order then scan all your coupons.

well, I'm just telling you what happened at the store I shop at. This is how the clark made her use the coupons, one by one. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Respected Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

and now today I read that BB&B is in trouble for always offering the 20% off coupons. Shoppers are not buying until they et their coupons, But those had exclusions too, you could not use them on vaccums, Vitamix, Keurig and other expensive items,

However one day I went in there to buy one thing and I had the coupon, there was a girl in front of me who had a shopping basket full of items and apparently had collected coupons from everyone she knew. she paid for each item individually with 1 coupon and I think she had almost 50 items rung up singly with the coupons after all was said and done. Since there were no other registers open, I had to stand there for my 1 item. 

I always have a bunch of coupons for BB&B because they take expired coupons.  You do not have to ring the items separately.  At our local store they ring the entire order then scan all your coupons.

I agree with you, Muttmom.

I always take a fistfull of coupons to BB&B.  I have never, ever had to make separate purchases to use them.  The cashier just applies each one to the items that qualify.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

I rarely shop at Macy's but it seems like a reasonable policy.  Most stores I know of - besides grocery stores - wouldn't allow a coupon on an item that was already marked down or sale-priced.

Kohls still does, and that is why, when I can find what I need there, I still shop there.

Yes they do but remember when Kohls big claim was that you could use their coupons on anything?  They even had a commercial about the other stores that had all the exclusions on their coupons, while they didn't, and you knew they were talking about Macys.  LOL

Now go to Kohls website and look at the list of exclusions on their coupons.  They are almost just as bad as Macys. 

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

I agree with you, Muttmom.

I always take a fistfull of coupons to BB&B.  I have never, ever had to make separate purchases to use them.  The cashier just applies each one to the items that qualify.

Same for me. However many coupons a customer has, they are rung on the same register tape as one transaction. I've never seen it handled any other way.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I grew up shopping at Macys first Parkchester, NY then New Rochelle NY and finally White Plains, NY, at about 12 my Mom got me a copy of her card so I could "shop" on my own while we were there 

@I am still oxox  I am surprised by this because when you are 12 years old, you are not of legal age to make a contract; i.e. sign for the sale indicating that you are responsible for paying for something.

Honored Contributor

I think you missed the point, I did not have my own account, it was my Moms card I was using, same as her giving me cash, right 

@Pearlee wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox  I am surprised by this because when you are 12 years old, you are not of legal age to make a contract; i.e. sign for the sale indicating that you are responsible for paying for something.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor
Just a warning: Went to Macy's store closing sale and found that many items had new tags with higher prices or new labels pasted onto the original . Some prices were even blacked over but still readable and a new phony price tag attached. Very obvious.