Contributor

Maybe that's why they arent letting customers use coupon on clearance anymore.  They can just send all the leftovers to stock their outlet stores.

Contributor

Thanks will go to Gap Online to check it out.

Honored Contributor

This is what I dislike about Macys. They give you coupons but there are so many stipulations on using it. When you get Kohl's Cash they let you use it on just about anything.

Regular Contributor

Smiley Mad I shop at Macys all the time. There is one in walking distance of my home. This is a new rule because a coupon could always be used on clearance.but since clearance is now called last act you cant use it. What a shame I use to get some good deals on clearance. I guess next they will stop sending coupons.

Honored Contributor

Has anyone connected the dots between the words 'Last Act' & 'Backstage'? Sound too close using theater terms to me.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I thought that was already S.O.P.  They also have big sales just at certain times  of  the day.   The local store is still loaded with winter clothes...bad news for Macys.

Esteemed Contributor

@DollyDee wrote:

I was just in Macy's and you can no longer use coupons on clearance items.  It's called "last act".  The sale associate said this is new.  I was in there to buy end of season clothes for my husband and kids.  They still want $30 plus dollars for winter sweaters.   Just curious about how others feel about this.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Got a new sale insert in the paper for this weekend's sale and there are several 20% coupons inside that state " select sale and clearance" only. The "last act" are discounted at 60-85% off, coupons not accepted.

Honored Contributor

Re: Macy's Last Act

[ Edited ]

By the way, isn't Macy's last act when it actually closes down?   I think the OP meant Macy's latest act.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Here's my Macy's coupon story.  It really has nothing to do with this, but I'll vent lol

One year at Christmas time there was a 20% off "all day pass" in the newspaper.  I cut it out then went shopping with the coupon laying on my kitchen counter.  Yes, my own fault.  I get up to the register and discover I don't have the coupon, and I asked them if they didn't have one they could scan for me.  They said no.  Other people in line were offering me their coupon to use.  They said no.  Now this wasn't any kind of exclusive member only thing or something.  It was in the newspaper.  Normally I wouldn't even care so much, but that 20% was going to save me over $100.

I left the line and went to a store in the mall that sold newspapers and got another coupon.  After I went back and made my purchase, I stood there with my mouth open watching that same cashier who told me no using/scanning MY coupon for a few other people!  

Esteemed Contributor
At my Macys the cashiers almost always have coupons on hand that they scan for customers who don't have one.