Honored Contributor

I wonder if this new "Last Act" label on merchandise means they are also final sales. 

Honored Contributor

It's highly possible that those 'Last Act' clothing are headed for their 'Backstage' stores which when I visited one by me -- I was not impressed-- it reminded me if the mumble jumble seen at TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Nordstrom Rack and Off Fifth (Sak's discount store).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Some stores have so many exclusions on coupons (Boscov's for example) that it would take less space to list what you can use the coupon on.

Stores like Macy's that have outlet stores have gotten less willing to make large markdowns in store and instead simply move the unsold stuff to their outlet stores where it will sell. I think I saw someplace the Macy's now has 92 outlet stores, so they need a lot of merchandise for those stores. That means you get fewer bargains in their big stores.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Macy's Last Act

[ Edited ]

Oh, interesting. I dont remember seeing an outlet store for Macys for their clothes.  I need to see if we have any around my way. 

When stores start having so many exclusions on their coupons, I usually dont bother.  It never fails that the items I want are an exclusion, most times. Not worth the aggravation.

Trusted Contributor

I think it was just yesterday that I read an article about Macy's opening these outlet stores. The article seemed to indicate they are in the process of doing that while closing 40 stores. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Esteemed Contributor

Not impressed with what the buyers are choosing in clothing at Macy's.  Hope they can do better in this area.  At least Macy's does offer coupons though. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well, my Macy's store had racks and racks of winter clothing just sitting there......I would think they would be trying to get rid of it by allowing coupons......really.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

There are always exclusions to coupons.

It pays to read the fine print on them.

And it is getting worse all the time. The exclusions of many department store coupons make it not even worth the effort to shop in some places anymore. 

By this time of the season, they need to be 'giving away' the leftover stuff. Unless a vendor is taking it back, it needed to go a month ago. 

Continuing to add exclusions to the coupons and percent off offers just frustrates customers, and will cause them to come into the store less often, and buy just what they need, not what they might, if they thought the deals were better.

That's how it is for me now, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I rarely shop at Macy's but it seems like a reasonable policy.  Most stores I know of - besides grocery stores - wouldn't allow a coupon on an item that was already marked down or sale-priced.

Kohls still does, and that is why, when I can find what I need there, I still shop there.

Honored Contributor

Coupons and disccounts always have exclusions.  Everyone knows that, it shouldn't surprise anyone.  This might be a new one but it's logical.