Honored Contributor

Re: Macy's - Horrible lately, is it just me?

No! Sorry to hear you are having problems, but I have been ordering online for several years from them, and no issues at all!!!!I just received 2 packages today just as they said in my updated email...

I am waiting on several more for Christmas Presents, so I hope it continues!

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

Is it just me getting bad luck with them?

Nope! It's not just you. I had a ridiculous experience a couple of months ago. Ordered a sheet set onine. Two weeks later I get an email telling me they don't sell the sheet set anymore. What?! I asked why it's listed on Macy's website if they don't sell it. They never responded. Total dopes. Needless to say, I no longer shop at Macy's! 

Esteemed Contributor

I can certainly understand your frustration for having several issues in such a short period of time. I have shopped at Macy's for many years and love their beauty deals, seasonal shopping markdowns, but have never had notable shipping delays-YET🤞

In late Oct. I ordered my favorite Clinique 3-piece special, and received a makeup remover with a mystery white substance floating around in it; much like a lava lamp. I have never seen anything like it!

A replacement was promptly shipped, with the same potentially harmful issue. I gave up, but do not fault Macy's for contaminated product shipped from the sender. All previous interactions I have ever had with them, have been exemplary.👍

The pandemic has caused so many shipping disruptions in the supply chain. I think it is worth giving them another chance, with the understanding that major shipping issues may occur.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

wow, once upon a time i practically lived at Macys. there were 4 or 5 stores witin drving distance.  i'd shop after work. o the shopping deal tales i could tell, Alfani, Karen Kane, INC, silks, woolens, cotton oh and the jewelry dept!!! gold gold gold

now the last time i was in a Macy's was 2 yrs ago to  return an item. have ordered online again 2+ yrs ago. just no longer fun to shop there. i have a gift card too for like 3 yrs. i dislike their credit card cs and there are no registers open and the SA snarky

Honored Contributor

Macy's has definitely gone downhill.  It used to be a go-to department store, especially for my work wardrobe.

@Cakers3, what is their gently used makeup return policy?

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Macy's has definitely gone downhill.  It used to be a go-to department store, especially for my work wardrobe.

@Cakers3, what is their gently used makeup return policy?

@tansy  I'm not sure.  I just remember seeing it-unused or gently used fragrance and cosmetics are part of the return policy in the past.

I just went to their website and looked at their return policy when I saw your question and it still says so,  although it doesn't say how gently used they can be.

Half used?  Opened but not used?  Who knows?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I never go to the mall anymore, so I can’t comment on the state of the local store.  I do shop online, including Macy’s.

Mainly for my grandchildren and have never had a problem. 

I recently ordered some dishes for a gift, as well as a few pieces for me.  All satisfactory.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I absolutely love Macys  Im another satisfied customer.  I havent had any problems ordering with them.  Their clothing is great.  INC is my favorite.  My outfits are sharp and I always receive compliments when I dress.

One thing I did notice is they do change their prices frequently.  Ive paid next to nothing for, lets say a top, and then they jack up the price of the same top a week later.  So you have to play them (if you have that kind of time).  

Im sorry to hear you had bad luck.  hopefully it was just a temporary thing.  

Respected Contributor

I have been a satisfied Macy's customer for decades.  At one time we had about 15 stores within an hour's driving distance.  Now we are down to about ten.  Each Macy's store is a little different, and I notice that the more upscale the area, the higher the quality and the more diverse the selection of products.

I shop online on Macy's occasionally, and have never had a problem, but I prefer going to the stores and examining the products in person (especially jewelry), which is usually convenient for me.

I find Macy's to be very responsive to consumer demand and interest, and I think the clerks work very hard although they are probably not paid that well. 

In these trying times of watching many stores go bankrupt and disappear, it is great that there still exists one full-service department store selling almost everything!

Of course, this is the year of the pandemic, so a lot of shipping everywhere has been negatively affected.

Super Contributor

I like Macy's only because I think we need to have competition with stores.  As more close our choices will become fewer.  Soon we'll just have Kohl's or Target or Amazon.

Macy's needs to ramp up their online abilities. Sometimes I will order an item but shipping is too high so I will choose free ship to store.  The problem is their pickup desk inside the store is also for returns and the wait is always long since they'll only have one clerk working. They need to make the shopping experience convenient otherwise they will lose out to the competition.