Honored Contributor

Re: Macy's - Horrible lately, is it just me?

@Cakers3, Macy's must mean they won't issue refunds for cosmetics that are basically used up.  

Trusted Contributor

I had a problem with a few things I ordered on their website and called their customer service today . I had the sweetest most polite girl.  She solved my problem for me too.  She asked if I would take a survey after the call and I said I would.  I have her all good marks.

Jessa
Respected Contributor

Macy's is my favorite store never had any issues with them either in the store or the few times I've ordered online.

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl Without going into details, I will just say that I went through a two-month nightmare concerning a jewelry purchase I made with Macy's. I returned the item, they acknowledged they received it, but it took them 2 months to refund my money. I had to get my credit card company to go after them. Horrible!! Never again!!

Esteemed Contributor

I love Macy's and have ordered fairly often lately for myself as well as birthday and Christmas presents for DH. Except for one item, everything has been delivered within a week with no problems. They have had great sale prices and free shipping with purchases over $25 in most cases.

Trusted Contributor

Interestingly enough, I have had no issues at all until my last order.  I ordered a set of curtains that hadn't arrived after 10 days.  I wouldn't have been concerned but the tracking still said "label created" as of this morning.

I called customer service, got through in about a minute and the rep processed a refund right away.  She asked if I wanted them reshipped first, which I didn't.  Very quick and pleasant.

I realized today that the only issue was that these curtains were being shipped from the vendor instead of Macy's itself.  That may be the issue with some of the orders others have had issues with.  

Esteemed Contributor

My recent order was fine.  In fact, it arrived quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Macy's and have been ordering on line from them for years.  No problems, except for a recent purchase, which never arrived.  I received an e-mail saying it had shipped, but two weeks later, there was no tracking information.  It just said a label was created.  Called Macy's this morning and a very nice, helpful rep offered me a replacement or credit.  Since it wasn't a gift, I requested a credit.  With all the packages Macy's sends out at this time of year, it is bound to happen. I don't blame them, as I have had it happen with other retailers.  I will definitely continue to order from Macys.

Honored Contributor

We have 3 very nice Macy's within twenty minutes of us. I have their credit card because with Platinum status, you get free shipping on everything. They give points and free money frequently towards purchases. I just earned $40.00 in rewards that can be used 12/18. 

Shipping is fast. I ordered a sweater on Thursday that arrived today. Returns are easy and quick...

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

We have 3 very nice Macy's within twenty minutes of us. I have their credit card because with Platinum status, you get free shipping on everything. They give points and free money frequently towards purchases. I just earned $40.00 in rewards that can be used 12/18. 

Shipping is fast. I ordered a sweater on Thursday that arrived today. Returns are easy and quick...

@Trinity11  I have their credit card also with Platinum status and appreciate the free shipping, along with the points and free money.  Macy's was the first credit card I got after I started working 50 years ago!!