Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Macy's - Horrible lately, is it just me?

I never really shop on line with Macy's but with all going on I have purchased a few things on two diff. occasions.

First order placed in Aug. took 5 weeks to finally get to me after 3 phone calls.

Second order I placed on Nov. 8th and finally got ONE of my items yesterday and still waiting on the others.

No way would I trust them for any xmas presents.

Is it just me getting bad luck with them?

Honored Contributor

Re: Macy's - Horrible lately, is it just me?

It's been 15 years or more since I went to Macy's. Never found what  I wanted. And seeing all the negative posts online, many websites, I'd never order from them.

Honored Contributor

I love Macy's and have never had a problem with their shipping.  I've begun to have items shipped to the store since it's only a 10 minute walk from our condo and gives me a reason to get out!  No problems with that either.

Respected Contributor

I Re: Macy's - Horrible lately, is it just me?

I ordered three times since Black Friday and everything has arrived promptly. We have a very nice local Macy's too. Guess I am lucky.

Honored Contributor

I've had really good luck with them, ordering online,  90% of the time or more, I order makeup,  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I am actuallly happy to hear that others are having GOOD luck, I guess I've just had a couple of unlucky orders...

Honored Contributor

I was heart broken when Marshall FIelds in Chicago was taken over by Macys.  Macys is a dumping ground.  Crowded aisles  -- not my favorite store at all.  It's rather sad to see the dept. stores you shopped in growing up are gone.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never shopped online with Macy's.

However, I find Macy's has gone downhill the last few years.

Nobody to help you, even at the cosmetics counters you have one or two persons handling all brands.  It used to be you would have a rep from Estee Lauder and a rep from Chanel, and reps from all brands.

Now you have to wait for somebody over in Lancome to come over to Chanel or whatever.

I also have found, even with "designer" labels, that the quality of clothing is not the same.

I have not stepped foot in Macy's in quite some time, not counting of course this year with the pandemic.

I'm also not keen on their return policy for "gently used cosmetics". 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I had placed several orders from Macy's this Holiday Season.  And the order have arrived in just a coupld days after I placed them. I have been very happy with Macy's.

Honored Contributor

I am a big Macy's shopper....I have order several things during the pandemic, everything arrived on time and in good shape, not problems at all.   Sorry you are having an issue.