Honored Contributor

Re: Macy’s Has Changed Their Return Policy

@homedecor1 wrote:

Kohl's and Bed Bath & Beyond have changed their return policies too.  Both had pretty liberal return policies.

Luckily I hardly need to return anything although I bought a Cuisinart coffee maker @ 7 months it died.  I had receipt went to BB&B told me not exchangeable or returnable after 180 days🤷‍♀️.

So I had to buy another.

@homedecor1   In cases similar to that, I've contacted the manufacturer directly. They've usually replaced the item. They know it's faulty if it stopped working before a year. 

Honored Contributor

The Bed, Bath & Beyond stores near me have closed or will be closing soon. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

Ours is closing (or may have closed already) perhaps this is why return policy was strictly enforced.

@Shanus 

I should have done this at the time -- for sure I will next time.  Cuisinart coffee pot was not cheap ($90).

Respected Contributor

If shorter return policy (definitely a fair one) helps keep Macy's competitive and viable,by all means take that step.  Shoppers who abuse stores ruin it for all.   

regarding Cuisinart coffee pot purchased and faulty within year, Cuisinart will stand behind.  Receipts and boxes help.

Super Contributor

@handygal2 I went to college my first year on Long Island--CW Post. Then I transferred but it was a beautiful campus. Do you go to Roosevelt Field?

Honored Contributor

Kohl's also has changed their return policy.  I saw a large sign posted in front of store this week.  I didn't pay much attention to it but even WM to myknowledge has a 90 day return policy. 

I would think 90 days is more than adequate for a return window.

Honored Contributor

@curlygirl13 wrote:

@handygal2 I went to college my first year on Long Island--CW Post. Then I transferred but it was a beautiful campus. Do you go to Roosevelt Field?

@curlygirl13 : I’m familiar with it— it’s a very nice mall. l haven’t been there in a while, as it’s not that close to where l live.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Kohl's also has changed their return policy.  I saw a large sign posted in front of store this week.  I didn't pay much attention to it but even WM to myknowledge has a 90 day return policy. 

I would think 90 days is more than adequate for a return window.

this is posted online for kohls.

We have the capability to locate a Kohl's Charge or major credit card purchase for up to 180 days after the purchase date. Once the purchase is located, the credit may be applied to your account. If you no longer have the Kohl's Charge account or major credit card, you will receive a Kohl's Merchandise Credit or corporate-issued refund. Our Return Policy allows for purchased items to be returned within 180 days of purchase and extends to all Kohl's merchandise with the exception of premium electronics which must be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase with original packaging and a valid receipt or account look-up. 

• With an original receipt, you'll get a refund or even exchange. If you paid with a check, you may get a Merchandise Credit, cash or a Corporate Refund. With a gift receipt, you'll get an even exchange or a Merchandise Credit.

• Without a receipt, our stores offer great prior purchase look-up options. If we cannot locate your original purchase and/or for non-receipted returns, information from your valid ID will be stored to monitor your return activity. You will receive a Kohl's Merchandise Credit based on a discounted lowest 13-week sale price of the item(s). Additional processing may be required.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I had not shopped at Macy’s in YEARS, until last fall. Someone on these boards made a thread about their fantastic fleece throws. I ended up buying more than I need, but they were 10 - 12 dollars with free shipping. Really nice quality too.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

90 days is still generous.  One day I was behind a lady that was retuning several items.  Probably 20 receipts.  Not sure if it was price changes, she had the sales associate so flustered.  I wasn’t returning, I was trying to purchase two bras, I finally left without buying anything.  I know a few people that wear an item, then return it after the event.  So disgusting and so dishonest.  Same two people wonder why prices keep going up.  Most times, if I find something, not so great, I usually give it to someone or throw it in the goodwill bag.