Honored Contributor

Re: Macy's Customer Service Isn't Customer Service For Sure!

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I talked to two supposed CS reps for Macy's about a small problem today and yesterday.  Both days it was obvious neither lady could not understand what I was saying, and both days I could not understand either lady I was talking to.  I had no clue what the outcome of the conversation was (actually both talked over me the entire time so I'm not sure "conversation" is accurate).

They did not listen, did not care what I was trying to tell them and their only response was to e-mail a return label when that wasn't the problem at all.

I think in light of this, no more Macy's for me.  

Just a cautionary note--don't count on it being helpful like it used to be to call about a problem!  WOW what a 180 that retailer did!  

@Sooner. FYI Your second sentence with the double negative "neither lady could not understand" ends up meaning both could understand. 😁  

@Pearlee That's what you got out of all that rant?  Good grief!  Woman Frustrated

@Sooner  Well one if the things. The rest is par for the course these days with outsourced calls, so nothing noteworthy to me.

You're welcome.

@Pearlee What?  My grammar was noteworthy, so you can't say that!  Sorry I didn't thank you for the correction. My bad. 

Trusted Contributor

The Macy's in my area has really gone down hill.  The store used to be immaculate and well stocked before the pandemic.  Now it looks dirty, unorganized, most of the registers are closed.  Sadly, I won't shop there anymore.   

Honored Contributor

Macy's CS was inconsistent before the pandemic, non-existent early in the pandemic and is now somewhat uneven again. It's the luck of the draw. You either get someone capable or you get someone clueless. I lost patience with them during the pandemic when no one anywhere was answering their phones or emails: not the corporate offices, the stores or the alleged customer service office. Then, they would answer assuming you wanted to sit on hold for an hour waiting for them. I gave up and the net result is I still order from Macy's but more occasionally than I once did. Likewise, however, Amazon, QVC and so on. Customer Service that routinely knocks it out of the park appears to be a thing of the past.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love Macy's and am dreading the day, if it comes, that they will no longer exist.  I haven't been in an actual store for over a year.  Order on line and either have it shipped directly to me or I pick it up at a store that's a 10 minute walk from my condo.  

I don't know what kind of problems I would need to have to actually call the store.  But I suspect it isn't only Macy's that has poor customer service.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It took me over a week to get the Macy's gift ecard I had sent to a relative to even be sent. It's is supposed to be sent by Macy's via email,  so how much time should that take? Finally had to drive to a Macy's and they are no longer anywhere close to me....and tried in person to get the card sent or my money refunded. No luck. Finally got a person when I tried to call yet again who happened to answer by accident who just said he would send it and he did. Why are they still even in business? Two men told me they were "supervisors" and were nothing of the sort. Macy's is a disaster.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner 

Even shopping IN STORE Ive had mixed results with Macy's and their Customer Service......

At the "high end upscale mall" here at that Macy's store they treat you like royalty and go above and beyond.....BUT at their stores in a couple of other malls no one seems to care and the customer service is DOWNRIGHT AWFUL---the CS Reps are on their own personal calls and you can't even find anyone to wait on you nor pay to purchase merchandise!!! And their stores are dirty, clothes thrown all over the floor.....SMH!!!   I havent had a problem ordering online and thats the only way I continue to shop with Macys .....  I much prefer Dillards, their stores are clean and their customer service is always GOOD! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I always breathe a sigh of relief when I call a retailer's Customer Service Dept and they answer-----This is (so and so) servicing you from (and they name a city in the U.S.).....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I talked to two supposed CS reps for Macy's about a small problem today and yesterday.  Both days it was obvious neither lady could not understand what I was saying, and both days I could not understand either lady I was talking to.  I had no clue what the outcome of the conversation was (actually both talked over me the entire time so I'm not sure "conversation" is accurate).

They did not listen, did not care what I was trying to tell them and their only response was to e-mail a return label when that wasn't the problem at all.

Just a cautionary note--don't count on it being helpful like it used to be to call about a problem!  WOW what a 180 that retailer did!  

@Sooner. FYI Your second sentence with the double negative "neither lady could not understand" ends up meaning both could understand. 😁  

@Pearlee That's what you got out of all that rant?  Good grief!  Woman Frustrated

@Sooner  Well one if the things. The rest is par for the course these days with outsourced calls, so nothing noteworthy to me.

You're welcome.

Perfection is such a heavy burden one often falls from the weight.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

You're welcome.

Perfection is such a heavy burden one often falls from the weight.

Oh, my @Marp :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Thankfully, I rarely have an issue with Macy's. I am in their Rewards program and it is the only store credit card I hold. If I call Customer Service and the rep is having difficulty in understanding me, I ask them if they prefer speaking in Spanish and they always say yes. 

Our Macy's are clean, well staffed and hopefully, they will continue to be in business...