Honored Contributor

Re: Mackenzie Lueck's Friends Defend the Slain U. of Utah Student

If anything, maybe this will remind people to be cautious. Sociopaths can get away with things for a long time before being caught.
Trusted Contributor

No one deserves what happened to this young lady, and I just can't imagine what her grieving family and other loved ones are going through. 🙏

Respected Contributor

Goldie, why are you posting this? Do you have a point of view? It's not apparent.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

l live here and I choosed not to watch or read anything about it after she was found. It was bad enough living through that week and watching the slc police chief breaking down talking about when he had talked to her father. I knew it would get ugly with all the speculation and how people like to turn a horrible situation into something worse. You would think nobody had anything to do.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn’t read everything posted that her friends who are defending her said. I do wonder if they knew she was a sugar baby and if they are themselves. Was that part of her life mentioned at all?

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy wrote:

What irks me is the double standard.

If she was "working" in another part of the city at 3am and wasn't an attractive student enrolled in college and a sorority girl it would have been a story for 60 seconds.

I've worked in major metro cities including Detroit. I pulled in one morning to get a drive thru coffee and saw a Coroner's wagon across the street. A young woman met a similar fate.

No one was outaged, no headlines, no CNN and yet I'm sure that woman also had people who loved her.

@Snowpuppy Was that woman missing for the better part of two weeks?  But I get your point. People go missing every day and we don’t  hear about 99% of them. 

eta...Adding even at her age, if I was returning home from a family member’s funeral at three in the morning, the last thing on my mind would be meeting a stranger in a park. But this was business, I suppose. She was getting back to work.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

For the love of God, could we not stoop to calling her "sugar baby"?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of course she didn’t ‘deserve it’, but Seriously though, how smart was this college girl to meet someone she probably barely knew, all alone at 3am?  I’d say it’s pretty stupid. 

Trusted Contributor

I heard about this interview this morning and I'm not so sure they aren't looking to get a little high profile sympathy themselves. One of them said she never would have gone with this guy if she knew what was going to happen. Um I hope not.

I haven't heard anyone blaming this girl. Initially there was talk that she left because he wanted to. Totally reasonable under the circumstance. And whatever she was up to, I haven't heard anyone say that he deserved it. That's ridiculous. It's really not a bad thing to discuss if there are young girls out there hooking up with random people and thinking nothing of it, and it doesn't matter if you're cute and doing it on an app from your dorm or standing on a corner.

I'm not sure if it was one of these girls but I did hear one of her friends interviewed before this guy got arrested. They asked her if Mackenie used any other social media accounts like not under her real name and the girl said she couldn't comment at this time. So she must have had some idea.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve heard via media (not social) that she did have a social media account under a different name where she offered advice to those interested in sugar daddy/sugar baby relationships...business...whatever.  

Keepin' it real.