Contributor
So I flip over to see what the TSV is for May 2 and the host introduces "my good friend" and proceeds to mispronounce her name ( she said GreenSTEEN" Lol.
Respected Contributor

Not such a horrible thing.  Have you never mispronounced something?

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

I have missed planes because my name was so mangled over the paging system...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Angel 2009

people do make mistakes and i forgive them for that, but, there is something to be said about being prepared/  smh

Trusted Contributor

I think the point the OP was trying to make was that if they were really  'good friends' she'd know how to pronounce her name.

Respected Contributor
Yes - this proves that all that smooching, hugging, and terms of endearment are for the most part B.S.
Honored Contributor

In general: I'm often having (and always have) trouble remembering how to pronounce steins/steens/etc.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Sometimes people pronounce last names entirely different from the way it looks. I have a friends whose last name is Evers. 90% of the time, people pronounce it with a long E. Her family pronounces it with a short E. She says the short E is the German way of pronouncing it, and she is German. My own last name is murdered all the time...usually pronounced the French way, but we pronounce it the Scottish way. Go figure.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

Every hosts says all the vendors are their good friends.  I don't buy it.

Honored Contributor

The very worst is Dan Hughes.  Every vendor is his old friend from years ago.  I never saw a person with so many old friends.  I also don't believe a word he says.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment