Respected Contributor

Re: MY WASHING MACHINE JUST DIED!!

In this day and age it should not be a battle to do household laundry. It should be relatively easy.
I blame water saving regulations that force me to fill washer to get any decent movement of clothes.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

If I could do it all over again, I would have called in for a repair and try to fix my washer. Instead we got one of these new HE washers and I don't like it at all. I sure wish I could have my old style back again. Lessen learned. So if you could get yours repaired I would go for it!! 

Honored Contributor

Yesterday when I turned on the washer I was thinking about all of the fancy gadgets I never use on it.

The only thing I miss is my old machine had a mini-bin that would wash a few items.

Now this thing will control the water, etc.  But I still miss that bin I could put in the washer. 

It takes awhile for me to get enough clothes to put in the washer.  Mostly underwear and towels.

I sure miss that min-bin.  Ha!  I remember when we had to live in a hotel for 5 months (lighning hit our house).  We could eat anywhere (paid for) everything was paid by the insurance company.  The day AFTER lightning hit the house, the appliance delivery guy came up to our house with our new washer.

My late husband told them to take it back until we were ready (we couldn't live in the house).  They said they couldn't do it, so we canceled the sale.

We had to take our clothes to the laundromat.  What an eye-opener that was!

Respected Contributor

@nana59, that is one reason I am really reluctant to post on a thread suggesting an electrical appliance.  I just know I would jinx myself and whatever appliance I say I have and like would croak as soon as I posted a comment. LOL!  

So good luck on your search and let us know what you get.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *