Honored Contributor

Re: MY OLDER MOM SCAMMED WITH FACE CREAM

@Tinkrbl44. Guess I'm wondering (hate to say/think it) if her mind's OK to make a decision to order a cream promising to make her look 20 again! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Tinkrbl44. Guess I'm wondering (hate to say/think it) if her mind's OK to make a decision to order a cream promising to make her look 20 again! 

Then you have to question if other womens' minds are okay when they buy face cream.

All face creams make the promise of looking younger, getting rid of wrinkles, and women of all ages fall for the promise.

Are their minds okay?

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2. If someone 40-75 or 80 buys a new moisturizer from a reputable dealer or store, etc., entirely different story than an 89 yr. old woman buying a cream promising to make her look 20 from an infomercial in the middle of the night. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Plaid Pants2. If someone 40-75 or 80 buys a new moisturizer from a reputable dealer or store, etc., entirely different story than an 89 yr. old woman buying a cream promising to make her look 20 from an infomercial in the middle of the night. 

I doubt that she was their only cistomer.

I'm sure that the company has customers of all ages.

Are their minds okay, too?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus

Wait .....    In your OP, you stated she would look 20 years younger, which would be 69-ish.

Above you state she will look 20 years old ..... which is it?

Trusted Contributor

Me thinks I should get my head examined for thinking that TSV last month was going to make me look 20 years younger LOL (wink) At least HSN has a running print at the bottom of the page saying "extraordinary claims individual results will vary" LOL. Yup I fell for the hype a time or so and I am not 89 yo but thankfully not yet fell for the late night Guthie Renker and various informercials. LOL. There was a study done that folks are more suseptible to impulse buying at night and that various companies pay up to put there wares on at that time. My eyes cannot see that fine print on the bottom of the page either LOL/ Good practice is to turn off TV at 11 pm LOL j/k. I have a friend who fell for many of the informercials and had a dither of a time getting out of the evergreen auto-ship and credit card withdrawals. I told her if the offer sounds too darn good to be true...well it is and to stop that. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Getting scammed happens everywhere. My money just got ripped off by a "seller" on amazon.Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44. No disrespect meant, but does it really matter? Whether she'd look 20 or 69-ish...no cream will do that if someone is severely sun damaged and wrinkled at 89, right?

If there was such a cream, it'd be the "golden egg", we'd all own it and would have found the fountain of youth!! Lol

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Same sort of thing to my husband - he accepted a Free Credit Report thinking it was a one-time thing.  When he could no longer handle his checkbook - I saw monthly charges of $20.  It took a fight - but I got it stopped.

This is free.  From a newspaper I cut out long time ago.

"Check your credit reports from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion every yr. for free at Annualcreditreport.com. You can access all three at once or space them out, says Laura Adams, senior insurance analyst for insurance quotes.com

"What I recommend is you get one of the reports every four months.

That way you keep a better eye on your credit throughout the year for free".

@fthunt

I deal with creditkarma.com; they're awesome! It was easy to clean up a few things (for one, my ex's name! Woman LOL) - it made such a difference in my credit score.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Tinkrbl44. No disrespect meant, but does it really matter? Whether she'd look 20 or 69-ish...no cream will do that if someone is severely sun damaged and wrinkled at 89, right?

If there was such a cream, it'd be the "golden egg", we'd all own it and would have found the fountain of youth!! Lol

@Shanus

YES it does matter.   I have no idea what your mom looks like but your comments about two different claims makes a difference.

Example ----  A substantial retinol cream, used consistently, could actually diminish a lot of wrinkles.   I've seen it on a couple friends who see their dermatologists regularly, and no, they haven't had any work done.  The change in appearance was all retinol, and the transformation was significant.

OTOH,  NO cream can make a woman look almost 70 years younger, that WOULD be a scam.