Respected Contributor

Re: MY MEDICARE PART D MONTHLY PREMIUM FOR 2024

[ Edited ]

I also have Wellcare and pay $11.20 per month and $o copay for tier 1 and $5 for tier 2. Havn't used any other tier drugs since I have been on the plan. I did use a dermatology drug which was in the tier 3 catagory but I got a coupon from GoodRx and the price was cut in half.

Esteemed Contributor

I have Medicare Plan N, not the Advantage plan. Our part D more than doubled per month. Ridiculous. I know prices have skyrocketed....but we are seniors after all. 

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

I was speaking to a customer while in line at CVS and she said she has for the Part D plan a premium that is zero and she pays zero copay for her cholesterol, high blood pressure and anxiety meds.  I think she said it's through Wellcare and she has to go to CVS as her preferred pharmacy.    It sounded almost too good to be true.  

Does anyone have such a plan with zero premium and zero patient responsibility?

@BunSnoop. I do but it's an Advantage Plan.  No monthly premiums either.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@BunSnoop wrote:

I was speaking to a customer while in line at CVS and she said she has for the Part D plan a premium that is zero and she pays zero copay for her cholesterol, high blood pressure and anxiety meds.  I think she said it's through Wellcare and she has to go to CVS as her preferred pharmacy.    It sounded almost too good to be true.  

@BunSnoop. I do but it's an Advantage Plan.  No monthly premiums either.

@Winkk  We have an Advantage plan and we pay premiums. They aren't outrageous though.

Respected Contributor

My part D has gone dow a few dollare per month. YAY!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Super Contributor

@BunSnoop   Mine is going to $0.00 for 2024 down from $11.20 for 2023 with Wellcare Value Script. We are in Ohio and very happy with coverage.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop wrote:

My Medicare Advantage plan premium has always been zero (7 yrs) and includes within it a Drug plan that has zero premium. 

Drug copays are zero for most of the year, but then copays are not outrageous, except for one and I go through Senior Care (a state program) for that one.  I am on multiple medications.

We all pay for the basic Medicare health care premium before we even get our SS, I think mine is like $174/month that they take out before I get my SS benefit. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rockygems123 wrote:

@BunSnoop wrote:

@BunSnoop Yes Kaiser

Me too @rockygems123 . I like Kaiser.my medications are free. I also got a blood pressure monitor and diabetic supplies free.

Honored Contributor

Ours is with Wellcare and next year it will be $0.

We're just waiting until next week to check if CVS will still be a preferred pharmacy and if the 3 drugs my husband takes will still be Tier 1 drugs.

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoopSounds like she has a "Medicare Advantage Plan"