Esteemed Contributor

Re: MY HUSBAND SHOT A DEER TODAY :O

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I agree. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Re: MY HUSBAND "SHOT" A DEER TODAY :O

My little girl, thinks they are other bigger dogs, who've come to play.  We watch them out back from our deck.  We've spotted 2 new little ones this year.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Yes, and we have deer galore in our backyard that I have given each one of them names.... Love them and would not think of hurting them.  Of course they have eaten everything including juniper and roses and whatever.  I do feed them and hope they will not eat me plantless.. In any case the picture is of DILLY.friend of buttercup2.jpg

Respected Contributor

Everyone has their own opinion.  I eat meat and wear leather.  Just because I didn't pull the trigger myself dosen't mean I didn't have a hand in killing that animal.  I do not like trophy hunting but hunters for food are just getting their food honestly.   As an aside, We bought lobsters at the store last week and while I was paying the cashier said, "I just hate when they scream going into the boiling water."   I looked her right in the eye and said" I'm sorry, if i'd known you were Vegan i would have used another register."  Which I would have,  but I don't think it was her place to comment on my purchases at all never mind negatively.   Maybe she was joking as I can't say as I ever heard a lobster scream but I don't like feeling like I have to defend my choice of food. You can never tell these days how the other people in earshot will react to someone having to kill their purchases.  I didn't tell her I put them in the freezer first then pith them before putting them in the pot. 

Honored Contributor

I won't hunt deer myself but am in favor of deer hunting season in my state of Michigan. We've hit two deer in our life of living here. They both totalled our vehicles and I'm glad we made it out alive. I feel firearm season is needed to help keep the deer population controlled. Many hunt deer where I live now (upper MI) and live on that meat. If there wasn't any deer hunting a lot of our deer population would suffer horrible deaths during our bad winters. Just another realistic perspective I'm giving of the deer discussion.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

Didn't appreciate the "humor".  

Geez. Some of you really need to toughen up a bit.

Obviously, you and I have a different sense of humor. If it makes you feel better to berate me for my sense of humor (or lack of, in this instance), hey, have at it.  I’m tough enough to handle your criticism. :-)

The original title of this thread was upsetting to some as you can tell by the responses. At least the OP went back and put the word SHOT in quotes so that others wouldn't take it literally.

Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@tends2dogs My first thought was why would she post something like that?  Then you added the quotes....majestic animal.

@MoJoV  I added the quotes after the comments about not wanting to click on this thread because of the fear of what it might contain Smiley Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@q-girl wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@q-girl wrote:

What did we all do before grocery stores? How many of us would even be here today had not our ancestors hunted for their food? Personally, I like my meat to have lived wild and free, without being force fed processed food, chemically treated water, antibiotics and hormones. And, yes, the animal absolutely tastes different depending on what it's diet was.

@q-girl

We don't have free range cows that I know of, but Scotland does.  They are given a good life before being used for food.  

@Noel7 Nope, no free range cows, but plenty of free range deer. We do enjoy our venison !

I enjoy your posts . . .on this thread and others. Nice to "see" you again !

Thank you @q-girl

It's nice to see YOU 😊 I am going to have to find a photo of a Scottish cow to show, they are so cute!  They look like a big rust colored shaggy dog.  

@Noel7  I would love to see the pic of the Scottish cow!

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  Yes, and we have deer galore in our backyard that I have given each one of them names.... Love them and would not think of hurting them.  Of course they have eaten everything including juniper and roses and whatever.  I do feed them and hope they will not eat me plantless.. In any case the picture is of DILLY.friend of buttercup2.jpg

@bonnielu  Great pic of Dilly!!!  Thanks for sharing!