Esteemed Contributor
So sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Though my dear Dad has now passed, I watched my parents for years as they went to funerals of family members and friends. It seemed that with each one, a piece of their sole was gone and they got a bit sadder. Not looking forward to that stage of my life.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma Being isolated like most of us are right now makes these losses even more difficult to deal with.  You spend lots of time trying to make us here on the forums feel better.  I'm so sorry for your losses and will say a prayer for you and Jim's family tonight.  

Trusted Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a good friend is so hard. I always have a smile on my face when I read your posts. I'm sorry you are hurting now. You've experienced a lot of loss in your life. Hang in there. Sending good thoughts your way.

❤️

Respected Contributor

Sometimes we are closer to and share more of ourselves with a friend like this than we do with a blood relative.  I am very sorry for your loss of such a good friend.  🙁🌷

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

I posted on your other thank you thread.

Sadly, during these times losing a special person in our lives is hurting more most likely because we aren't with family/friends and aren't doing our regular routines.

I am missing my family more than I realized that tonight was the breaking point.  I literally cried knowing they are leaving Friday without us?? We go on summer family trip my heart is heavy because I'm unable to go since the #s are high in FL and my kids are concerned about their health & baby but more importantly, ME or their dad getting sick.

It's so depressing to be isolated from family & friends.  Just wish it was over or someone tell the real truth vs social/ media outlets☹️☹️.  I'm giving this covid til September 1 and then I'm going home -- will quarantine14 days and then see them.  I can't take another minute of this ....I'll take my chances we can't stay in our houses forever😥

Trusted Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

It's funny how we can have relationships that mean a lot, and in your case, it was strictly email. 

I am sorry to hear that your friend passed away.  That is tough.

I have enjoyed many of your posts, and I hope the best for

you.

I think, also, with the isolation of this pandemic, we have a lot of time to think about our friends, past and present. 

I managed to go to a routine Dr.'s appt today, and he brought up

the importance of human to human contact, touch, and even

facial expressions.

Take care of yourself.  And keep posting.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MY HEART IS BROKEN

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi ...Hello Di, I'm so sorry that not one person in your family contacted you when your first cousin died.  To find it out through Facebook had to be a shock and I am sure it was very painful.  One can never understand why people do or don't do what is simply common sense. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Losing dear friends is hard.  

Sending gentle hugs.  I hope you have a few of his correspondences that you've kept as a remembrance. 

@qualitygal ...Yes, QualityGal, I have a computer full of e-mails from him which I will or not read depending on my moods.  It might be too painful right now or even later on, but I'll find out when the time comes.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles ...You have a way with words that no one I ever met in my entire life can compare it to.  Thank you for everything you wrote here.  You are special.  I will never know what caused his death and I cannot ask his daughter, I will get back to you with the story about that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 ...When I read the e-mail she sent me I immediately sent her a condolence.  She said things to me that shocked me and there is no way I would ever contact her again.  More on that later.