Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma@Desertdi, and @Oznell,  My heart goes out to you, with my condolences to you as you work through the pain and grief.   When a loved one dies, sometimes their family is so fraught with their own personal sadness and bewilderment that they don't always think through the best way to notify others who care, others who love.   I know from experience the fog that descends, but still knowing this doesn't assuage the pain all of you are feeling.   May your loved ones rest in gentle peace.   I offer prayers for solace, comfort and healing.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

I'm also so sorry about the loss of your good friend.

I also lost a good friend and round the corner from me  i had heard from a nother good friend that he had passed away.

However,nothing had seen in the obits in our local paper until Saturday morning...it was posted he died at his home a week ago.

This has really shook me as he was 80  and he died on my b-day  the day i turned 80!My dh and i had know him since 1970.

After my dh passed..if he saw me walking past his house and he was outside..he would stop me for us to chat ,then i would finish my walk.

He was a quiet man,had same lady friend for years  and for years loved to go to gambling boats  but  never took her..always with other friends and never told gf where he was going ...lol !

She lived in her house up the street aways from him..and he lived alone !

But..i'm very sad that he  passed away.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Valued Contributor
@Lindsays Grandma I’m very sorry about the passing of your friend, and also your son, your daughter and other loved ones. It’s too bad your friend’s daughter didn’t elaborate a little bit, but I guess she’s grieving right now. Maybe you can look up his obituary on line and see if there’s any more info.
Honored Contributor

Re: MY HEART IS BROKEN

[ Edited ]

❤️ @cowboy sam 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  My condolences.  How wonderful that you were able to connect with him for so many years and the enjoyment that you both received from your years of  friendship.  The memories that you shared will never be forgotten.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend.I can only imagine how you feel having lost so many people you hold dear. You're lucky to have had so many loving connections in your life.

Please feel free to  continue to reach out to your friends on these boards. We care about you. 
    Take some time to adjust.Cry if you have to. Get angry if you have to.Allow yourself the chance to heal on your own terms.We have your back.💐

Honored Contributor

@Snooky60 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.  My sincere condolences.💗

@DesertDi- I'm sorry you had to hear about your cousin's passing on Facebook!  My sincere condolences.💗

@Snooky60    Thank you.    I was really shaken.   My cousin was the youngest in the family, and I had just spoken with her a few days before she died, and she was fine.    I was finally able to get in touch with her sister-in-law who didn't know very much, either.    I checked the  local newspaper, but there wasn't even an obit.    Just the couple "remembrances" on Facebook.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma, those are a lot of losses. I am so sorry for all of them. God Bless you sweet lady. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  ❤❤ My heart is heavy, as through my tears, I read your emotional thread.💔 It saddens me deeply to see you this way, but I understand this is a necessary part of your grieving process.

What a wonderful BLESSING it is to have had such a beautiful, endearing friendship!🙏 I'm sure your affection for him was reciprocated just as much, if not more.❤

You are are one of the kindest, most genuine posters I have the pleasure and honor to read, and I miss your presence when you are not here sharing your inspirational quotes with us!🤗

Whenever you feel especially lonely, sign on and reach out, because your forum "family" will be here for you.😊 I will try to check in more frequently for that reason. I know these are mere words on a computer screen, but they are heartfelt.❤

Please know that you are not alone! May God wrap his loving arms of solace, and protection around you, as you process this, and may your treasured memories of of your dear friend help sustain you.🙏🙏🤗🤗❤❤❤  

~~~All we need is LOVE and HUGS today for Lindsays Grandma💖💖💖🤗

Super Contributor
@LindsaysGrandma — Please accept my sincere condolences on your losses. I hope that good memories and the support expressed on this forum will bring you some comfort. Take care and remember the joy you bring with your posts.❤️🙏LadyAlice