Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday I received an e-mail from the daughter of my friend who I communicated with for nine years via e-mail, to let me know her father had passed.  He was her father and my dear friend.  I e-mailed him in March of 2011 to let him know a mutual friend of ours was close to death from breast cancer and from that day forward we became friends.  We never met, he was in Minnesota and I am here in Arizona.  He sent the funniest and most interesting articles to her which she in turn forwarded to me, that's how I knew who he was.  He and I were very close in age, my birthday is in May, his in July, a few months and 5 days apart in age, we had a lot in common, and both divorced for many, many years.

Unfortunately his daughter did not elaborate as to what caused his death.  I hadn't heard from him since the middle of May and started to worry so I e-mailed his daughter to ask if he was okay, she responded with a very short note saying he was in the hospital for 2 weeks and would be going to rehab, period.  I know that he had instructed her to contact me if anything ever happened to him so I felt comfortable in contacting her but she was no nonsense and to the point, thankfully she did let me know he passed.  I will miss the great camaraderie we had, we shared everything and I thank God he was in my life for these last nine years, I always had something to look forward to, now there is only emptiness.  

I am sorry for the length of my thread, please forgive me.  I just have so much bottled up.  There have been too many deaths in my life, a daughter, a son, mother, father, 3 of my dearest and closest women friends and now Jim.  It hurts, a lot.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma - You are a kind person, and I'm so sorry you're going through so much hurt. I pray you will get comfort and support from those close to you, and please know we here are thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

Honored Contributor

Re: MY HEART IS BROKEN

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma 

So sorry for the loss of your dear friend ....  Heart   Heart   Heart

Honored Contributor

Dear @Lindsays Grandma     My heart aches for you.    I know how devasting this must be.   My first cousin (in another state) passed away suddenly, and NO ONE in the family even called me.   I found out on FACEBOOK.   

Please accept my condolences for the loss of your dear friend.   I am sending you prayers, and an e-hug.     Diane

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

It has been a rough year, the older we get the rougher they get.  I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. 

Wishing you peace.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Losing dear friends is hard.  

Sending gentle hugs.  I hope you have a few of his correspondences that you've kept as a remembrance. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma , You will always have a friend in me. Your blogs make my day. Sincerely, Providence

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   You give so many of us so much joy by your daily posts.  I am praying that you find the comfort you need at this time.  Your posts have comforted so many of us, I hope it is returned to you ten fold.

Honored Contributor

Of course it hurts a lot--  I'm so sorry for your loss, @Lindsays Grandma .   The not having much communicated about his cause of death, is an additional hurtful and somewhat tormenting element.  Sending prayers for you, and that you'll eventually have peace and the lovely memories of your nine year friendship.

A close friend of mine who had moved to Jacksonville had a congenital heart condition that made her health dicey.  After a very serious, life-threatening surgery, she was actually recovering nicely, then died suddenly in rehab due to complications.  I knew nothing of the death, since we had no mutual acquaintances, nor did I know her distant family in another part of the country.

I finally had a horrible feeling and looked up obituaries online, and there she was.  Shock.  The obituary mentioned her minister, with whom she was close, I knew.  So I had a clue, and called the church.  Thankfully, the church secretary and the pastor could not have been nicer, and took infinite pains to fill me in on her last days, and commiserate with me, since it was their loss too.

So I understand how bewildering it is, and wish you could have had that sort of consolation, even from afar.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma I am so very sorry for your loss. You are adored on this forum and have many virtual friends here. We are all sending big hugs to yoh. Hang in there. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏