Super Contributor

Re: MY BEAUTIFUL LABRADOODLE DIED

I am so sorry, I know what it's like to lose a beloved pet.

Honored Contributor

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Valued Contributor

I am soooooo very sorry,  I know the day is coming for mine to cross over and it will absolutely be one of the sadest days of my life.   Love and prayers being sent.

Honored Contributor

Our hearts are broken over your loss, and we're sending you big hugs and days ahead of feeling better. Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@KateinOK, so very sorry for your loss.  LM

Respected Contributor

No matter how many you lose, it never gets easier.  Sounds like he had a great life all the way to the end.  Good luck down the road if you decide to get another pal.  And, please adopt.  I've done a lot of shelter work, and Labradoodles are quite common.  Labs are so sweet, and there are Lab specific rescue groups. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KateinOK wrote:
My doodle was only 9 years old. He had a tumor on his heart that burst and he died within hours. He was my best friend and like a child to me. I have an autoimmune disease and have had multiple back surgeries so I am at home almost all the time. My sweet dog never left my side, even waiting on the floor outside the shower door for me when I showered. He always looked at me with love, and listened all day while I chattered on to him! He was funny and I miss him so much. It hurts that he's gone, but I know I was blessed to have had him at all. My husband would like me to get another dog in a few months. Are there any particular dog breeds or mixes you would recommend that are small to medium sized? One that's lovable and sweet and loyal? Thank you for listening and for your advice.

@KateinOK wrote:
My doodle was only 9 years old. He had a tumor on his heart that burst and he died within hours. He was my best friend and like a child to me. I have an autoimmune disease and have had multiple back surgeries so I am at home almost all the time. My sweet dog never left my side, even waiting on the floor outside the shower door for me when I showered. He always looked at me with love, and listened all day while I chattered on to him! He was funny and I miss him so much. It hurts that he's gone, but I know I was blessed to have had him at all. My husband would like me to get another dog in a few months. Are there any particular dog breeds or mixes you would recommend that are small to medium sized? One that's lovable and sweet and loyal? Thank you for listening and for your advice.

Katein: My first dog (lhasa apso) died almost 8 yrs ago - she was 12-1/2 yrs old. I was so depressed I couldn't function. I immediately went on-line and found a woman who lived 3 hours away from me. She had several lhasas that were available the following month. I chose the same breed (female lhasa) - white with tan markings. The following month when the lhasa was 2 months old, the woman and her husband drove to my house with my beautiful "baby" and I fell in love - again. My first lhasa was big --- this lhasa is tiny. I suggest u find another doggie to take of --- and they take care of us as well. This is the most AMAZING breed. They're quiet until someone is at ur door/window and then they'll bark. They're watch-dogs. You can leave them alone in the house for several hours at a time and they won't chew up ur furniture. They follow u around the house - so they're always at ur side. They're very smart - and my lhasa understands everything I tell her. My dog is extra beautiful --- so when I look at her, I feel joyous and happy. If there's a local lhasa apso dog breeder in ur area -- that's the best place to check out.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Go to your local animal shelter, and they have plenty of loving dogs that need forever homes, and you'll be saving a life.

The dog will always remember that, and be forever grateful to you for it.

*adopt, don't shop*

@KateinOK@Plaid Pants2

This is exactly what I was going to say!

Respected Contributor

kateinok, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your fur baby. 

I think going to a shelter to find the new member of your family is a great idea.

((((((Hugs)))))

We have a Bichon Frise who's full of love, he has the biggest most sensitive heart. 

Let us know what you decide Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry.