Honored Contributor

Re: 🧡#MPRraccoon made it!

@momtochloe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

According to KARE11's website, they believe she is a one year old female that will be released back into the wild.  I am just glad she is safely back on the ground as it was tough to watch her struggle.

@momtochloe

Thanks so much for the update!  

She will have tales to tell the racoons she meets up with in the wild!

Hi @QueenDanceALot!  I am just so glad she is in safe hands as it broke my heart to watch her struggle like that.  God bless all that helped her.  Heart

@momtochloe

Hi!!  Good to see you!!! Hope you are well Heart

Yes, it was hard to watch.  And good to know there are people who wanted to, and were able, to help!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

YAY!!!!

I just got back in & saw all your posts. So happy she’s OK!

You GO, Girl!

7C1611A8-9DAF-4456-A3BA-CECE52A4DEC6.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  I am doing well and as always great to see you too!  Heart

Keep dancing my friend!

Frequent Contributor

She is safe & sound now. She must have been terrified. It was big news here Mpls/St Paul. I hope she's recovered after her ordeal. All animals matter.

Honored Contributor

5BE1D6E6-F7A1-4C2E-A672-0E3E66317DB2.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Acccording to David Muir tonight, ABC national news, she was released in "an undisclosed location" in a back yard in Minnesota.  ABC showed a picture of the handler opening the crate, and she took off like a bat out of hell!  It was really one sweet story!  As the old saying goes, "all's well that ends well!"

Respected Contributor

I watched for a long time as she was going vertical from window ledge to window ledge & finally had to stop, because if she fell, I'd feel really awful because she looked like she was getting so tired.  Was really glad when I switched back again just in time & she was up near the roof & safely made it!  Glad they got her trapped & have released her to a more raccoon friendly locale.

Respected Contributor

Safe and what a story. They said when raccoon gets scared they climb vertical poor thing but it all worked out. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Released to a "back yard"....one small close up of the cage being opened and the racoon being released to private property in the suburbs.

All we can say is WOW and thank you to everyone for all of the kind words and support surrounding our business. We are so proud to be a part of this journey and wanted to share safe the release of the #MPRraccoon ! She was released on private residential property in the southwest suburbs of the Twin Cities with permission from the homeowner. We did consult with the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota (WRC) prior to release and we had determined that the raccoon was safe to release. Again, thank you to everyone for your support!

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

5BE1D6E6-F7A1-4C2E-A672-0E3E66317DB2.jpeg

@sidsmom

Oh, they can do a whole lot more than that with those nimble little fingers.

My mother brought home a raccoon for my 10th birthday.  Anything we handed him would go directly into the drain of the bathroom sink, and then he’d turn on the faucets and flood the place. 

One day he opened my mother’s dresser drawer, removed the bottle of multivitamins, popped off the top, licked all the candy coating off the pills, replaced the bottle and shut the drawer.  We discovered the crime because the drawer was so sticky.

He removed the stopper on a bottle of India ink and stamped a perfect paw print on each orange in the fruit bowl.

He turned all my teenaged brother’s Playboy magazines open to the centerfold.

He liked to play with my brother’s collection of cigarette lighters.

He couldn’t be trusted near indelible ink markers.  In a past life, he was an artist.

He broke out of his cage at O’Hare Airport when we were leaving Chicago to move to Arizona.  They announced this on the PA system and everyone sat down to see who would respond at the desk.  An elderly woman was kind enough to offer him a little pill to sedate him during the trip.  We found it in his travel cage, buried under layers of the Tribune, when we arrived in Phoenix.

I adore raccoons but if you want a pet get a dog.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~