Honored Contributor

Re: MOST HATED MEMBER OF THE ROYAL FAMILY IS ...

@aubnwa01 wrote:

It's too bad that the royal protocol or whatever it is that dictates such things, didn't allow Charles to marry the woman he loved to begin with.  I guess that's what happens when your mother & the Church of England tells you who you can & can't marry.  It would've saved a lot of grief & heartache for a whole lot of people, but William & Harry wouldn't be here, either.

@aubnwa01 - It is too bad. Charles' aunt was not allowed to marry the man she loved, and Charles couldn't marry Camilla because she was "tarnished." I always thought it was because Camilla wouldn't wait for him when he went to Australia.

A generation later Willam married the woman he lived with for a long time, and Harry is probably going to marry a divorcee and an American - something his great-great uncle had to give up the throne of England for. And their father, a divorced widower, finally married the woman he loved, a divorcee herself. Scandalous! How far the royal family has come!

But as you said, and as DD always tells me, if it hadn't happened William and Harry would not be here! 

Esteemed Contributor

I read the same article.  It would have been kinder to say he was the least liked, "hated" is a strong word.  The article indicated that the percentage for caring for Kate dropped about 4%, nothing major there.  I think William and Kate are doing a fantastic job in raising their children in as normal an environment as possible under the circumstances. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is not unusual for children (even adult children) to favor one parent over the other. The fact that both Princes have a close relationship with their father and stepmother speaks volumes. As they say, there are usually 3 sides in every divorce saga: his, hers and the truth.

I always read Prince Phillip was one of the most disliked royals.

Honored Contributor

At one time I think it was Princess Anne.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

At one time I think it was Princess Anne.

She can appear rather cold sometimes, but is still known for being the hardest working royal.

Not that I am any expert on the subject, but I think a new hairstyle would take years off of her, and make her appear "friendlier."  

Honored Contributor

I do not like charles, at all.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Just my two cents:  I think Camilla gets a lot of bad press and bad vibes because she doesn't look fantastic like Diana did.  Good dental care would have gone a long way back in the day. 

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

It is not unusual for children (even adult children) to favor one parent over the other. The fact that both Princes have a close relationship with their father and stepmother speaks volumes. As they say, there are usually 3 sides in every divorce saga: his, hers and the truth.

I always read Prince Phillip was one of the most disliked royals.

If there mother wasn't killed in an automobile accident, I bet they would have a very close relationship with her....more than with their father.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Is anyone the least bit suprised it's Prince Charles?  (It used to be Camilla) 

My guess is that it was either Charles or his father.  

And the favorite?     Prince Harry!!!

Wow, you really must have a lot of hatred for the Royal Family to start a thread like this.  After all the posts you made on the other thread, that wasn't enough for you?

Does this serve any purpose other than to spew more vitriol?  Surely, there must be something positive you can start a thread about.  SMH.

@Venezia

Oh relax.    The poll was on the internet today, big as day.  

No "hatred" ....  I just think they are useless, and a total waste of taxpayer money.   Any job done by any of the royals could be done just as well by well trained civil servants, at a mere fraction of the cost.

For all the people who mindlessly worship the royals, what's wrong with the other point of view?   (Personally, I'm not a fan of the class system and how it holds people down ....  but that's another conversation for another day.)  

If you don't want to read about this subject, skip this and don't worry, people will be talking about the Kartrashians again tomorrow.

I'm sure tourists from around the world would flock to see civil servants doing their jobs.  I look to the love and excitement about civil servants in our own country and how people line up to see the people at DMV change shifts.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner- Hilarious and spot on!  Smiley LOL