Honored Contributor

Re: MOST HATED MEMBER OF THE ROYAL FAMILY IS ...

@JaneMarple

The one thing that always stood out to me is the ridiculous way both Diana and Sarah Ferguson were not properly "oriented" when they married.   Good grief, even a new employee at a company gets a new employee orientation!

It would have been nice if some experienced female on the staff met with the young brides regularly and helped them navigate around all the potholes.  From different interviews, it seemed as though they were supposed to somehow already know all about the "finer points" ...  as if they were psychic or something.   IMO, Charles, Andrew and the queen should have had the common sense to make sure the young brides got their feet firmly on the ground and had a better sense of purpose ... other than just cranking out babies.  JMO 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't get me started on Camilla~!   No, hate is not the word I will use.  It's disgusted.   She knew from the start when she sent those cuff links to Charles (wedding gift?) that would start up that whole can of worms.   She baited him ... being a man, he couldn't help himself, plus look at him...no prize there...he took the bait and ran with it.

If it is a 'princes' job to marry and procreate, then Charles should (have) abdicate the throne just as his great uncle did (Edward VIII & Ms. Simpson), and go off into the sunset ...instead he ruined three lives (Diana's & her boys). 

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Don't get me started on Camilla~!   No, hate is not the word I will use.  It's disgusted.   She knew from the start when she sent those cuff links to Charles (wedding gift?) that would start up that whole can of worms.   She baited him ... being a man, he couldn't help himself, plus look at him...no prize there...he took the bait and ran with it.

If it is a 'princes' job to marry and procreate, then Charles should (have) abdicate the throne just as his great uncle did (Edward VIII & Ms. Simpson), and go off into the sunset ...instead he ruined three lives (Diana's & her boys). 

I disagree.  There was equal participation in the affair.   And being a man he couldn't help himself?   So are you saying that all men succumb to temptation?  Some men "just say no" which Charles could have done.   And you don't know that he didn't start the affair back up rather than her starting it back up.  She was at the wedding - I'm sure she wasn't on Diana's invitation list -  it had to have been Charles'.   I certainly do not put the blame on Camilla rather than Charles for carrying on an affair during his marriage.  They were both participants equally IMO.

Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

@seaBreeze

Charles ruined 3 lives?

Diana may have been young and naive but the Spencers are not commoners.  The family knew what she was getting herslf into.  The Queen is Diana's brother's godmother.  Her older sister dated Charles and for awhile it looked like she'd be his wife.  She knew about Camilla.

Charles and Diana had an ugly public divorce but she was afforded a lifestyle many can only dream of.  Had she not married Charles she would not have been loved and respected by so many.  She died tragically but in the public lifestyle she chose to participate in. Some of the tabloids have said they were alerted by her people when and where she'd be if they wanted pictures. Unless you subscribe to the theory Prince Phillip arranged her death, how did Charles ruin her life and the lives their sons? They've never been estranged from their father or his wife.

Why should Charles abdicate?  He's prepared his entire life to be king.  He has 2 heirs.

Edward VIII was an entirely different story.

Respected Contributor

I think Charles has been catered to & coddled all of his life & was ill-prepared to think of anyone but himself.  The man has some servant who squeezes the toothpaste on his toothbrush for him, so how did he expect to deal with a high strung, naive young girl?

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I think Charles has been catered to & coddled all of his life & was ill-prepared to think of anyone but himself.  The man has some servant who squeezes the toothpaste on his toothbrush for him, so how did he expect to deal with a high strung, naive young girl?

@aubnwa01

Great question .....  not only does he need someone to squeeze his toothpaste, but I've also read the guy also folds his TP for him!     I just hope Chuck does the rest of it by himself.  ugh.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it baiting and calling out another poster.