Honored Contributor

Re: MOSQUITO REPELLENT PLANTS FOR YOUR GARDEN

Lavender is supposed to be good and I guess you could put lavender oil or spray on, too.

Honored Contributor

Also plant them around patio, deck, walkways, near your doors to help repel them where you frequent.  They dont help much in the garden unless you are there a lot.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

A couple Garden Centers near me sell Mosquito mix planters with Citronella, lemon grass, marigolds, basil and a couple other items.

We started buying just 1 or 2 large citronella plants and make another planter with lemon grass and marigolds in them.

They key is to run your hands over the plants when you are outside.  They are not 100% effective but help.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

A couple Garden Centers near me sell Mosquito mix planters with Citronella, lemon grass, marigolds, basil and a couple other items.

We started buying just 1 or 2 large citronella plants and make another planter with lemon grass and marigolds in them.

They key is to run your hands over the plants when you are outside.  They are not 100% effective but help.

@mimomof4 

What a good idea .... I'm going to have to look into garden centers around here!

Honored Contributor