Respected Contributor

Re: MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT SUNDAY

@Shanus

Regarding your remark about "too kissing relatives," I've always been ecstatic about every kiss!

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all. Guess it depends on the relative. Some of mine were sloppy, grabby kissers.

Respected Contributor

I get everything done around the house Saturday, so on Sunday I can just sit back and relax.  I seldom cook on Sunday.   It depends how I feel.   

Sunday is just a relaxing day - we go shopping or to the movies, out to eat, or whatever else we feel like doing.   

Monday is the beginning of the week and it gets crazy.   Lol

Honored Contributor

Image result for sunday relaxing images

Esteemed Contributor

I love Sundays. I work on Saturdays.

I watch ITKWD and baseball.

Next week a relative is threatening to come and stay on my Sunday.  I am perplexed.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

That's a bone of contention around here lately.  DH retired a year ago, so he thinks we should be out doing something every Sunday, whether it's the beach or another road trip - anything to get him out of the house. I, on the other hand, still work five days a week.  Saturdays are all about grocery shopping and housework, so Sunday is my only day to relax.  I prefer to stay home most Sundays and recharge for the week. It's a bit of a problem.

I don't know your situation, but couldn't your DH do some of the work since he is home ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

That's a bone of contention around here lately.  DH retired a year ago, so he thinks we should be out doing something every Sunday, whether it's the beach or another road trip - anything to get him out of the house. I, on the other hand, still work five days a week.  Saturdays are all about grocery shopping and housework, so Sunday is my only day to relax.  I prefer to stay home most Sundays and recharge for the week. It's a bit of a problem.

Hmmm, if hubby is retired is there a reason HE can't go grocery shopping (make him a list!) and do the housework so you can spend the weekends relaxing and doing fun things?

ETA: oops sorry I didn't see @QVCkitty1 had just asked this

Respected Contributor

As I said in another thread, when I was working, my weekends were very often only Saturday, and sometimes just Saturday afternoon & evening if my flight home on Friday was delayed or cancelled. I often had to be on a flight out on Sunday afternoon to get where I was going for an early Monday morning meeting. I loved what I did, but it got very tiring after awhile and I was extremely blessed and grateful to be able to retire before I turned 50. Now every day is a vacation day!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I agree with @gidgetgh.  I am retired and weekends are my least favorite times now - I like the weekdays - knowing everyone is at work and I can get in and get my shopping done while stores are fairly empty.  I had a co-worker who was totally annoyed that retired people even went to the store on weekends - she said they have all week to shop. 

My least-favorite day now that I'm retired is Mondays, because so many small businesses (hair salons, local restaurants) are closed on Mondays; even museums and attractions.

Spending Sundays in bed with the cat, the newspaper and the TV? I can do that any day now - except there's no point (and no content or even advertising) to most newspapers any more. I used to eagerly anticipate a 2+ hour browse through the Sunday paper, often over 2" thick with special content and the weekly ads. Now it's not worth the paper it's printed on and is maybe 1/4-1/2" thick.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I agree with @gidgetgh.  I am retired and weekends are my least favorite times now - I like the weekdays - knowing everyone is at work and I can get in and get my shopping done while stores are fairly empty.  I had a co-worker who was totally annoyed that retired people even went to the store on weekends - she said they have all week to shop. 

@hoosieroriginal - my daughter is a restaurant manager - when the general manager is making up the schedule for the month, she will ask the assistant managers which weekend they would like off and my daughter will always say it's okay if she doesn't get one off.  She prefers to be off during the week unless there is a family function going on.