Honored Contributor

Re: MIDWESTERN FUN AND GAMES

[ Edited ]

Oh, how interesting, @AuntG .   Makes sense, since the U.P. is somewhat removed from other areas, due to geography.  It would be fascinating if someone did a study on that...

Edited to add:   Have been fascinated by Upper Michigan, esp. after reading Robert Traver's a thriller, "Anatomy of a Murder".

map-michigan-UPC-1.png

The haunting, wild beauty of Upper Michigan--

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 9.23.03 PM.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The good Samaritans that rescued an 83-year-old man and his dog from icy waters in Okoboji, Iowa, on Feb. 4, 2023. (Dickinson County Sheriff's Office)

A man and his dog were rescued after their vehicle plunged into an icy lake in Okoboji, Iowa, on Feb. 4. They were pulled out of the water by a group of Good Samaritans.

Brian Lada, AccuWeather meteorologist and staff writer

@Oznell 

And that's how I like to think of the Great American Midwest.Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Oh, me too, @just bee ,  thanks for posting that!   Very cool group of heartland heroes, undaunted by ice, danger, long odds, hardship.

Respected Contributor

@country gal wrote:

Having lived in Missouri all my life, I "got a kick" out of this. Wouldn't want to live any place else than in my small town. 

One thing Mo. has that NO one else has is....

Patrick Mahomes!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm from Seattle and have lived all my life in port cities--Los Angeles, New York, San Diego. I visited Missouri (St. Louis) several years ago and just loved it! The people were all so nice and kind and friendly...what a contrast to the Seattle Freeze.

I'd love to live in Missouri except for the high hunidity summers; that's the one reasons I couldn't live there. But the people sure are nice. 

Trusted Contributor

@country gal wrote:

Having lived in Missouri all my life, I "got a kick" out of this. Wouldn't want to live any place else than in my small town. 

One thing Mo. has that NO one else has is....

Patrick Mahomes!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cry, Eagles, Cry!!