choice to be happy,

learn to understand

the bumps in the

road, grow from

them, and stay

positive.

Author Unknown

Internet

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   Can't heart this enough!!  

Esteemed Contributor

💯 true. 🙏☕️❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  This message is like a warm hug🤗, and really resonates with me! I have several quotes, and mantras that are an integral part of my morning prayer, and reflection.

One of them is, "TODAY I CHOOSE to be happy". It helps prepare me for whatever curve balls life throws my way; especially on the days when happiness ESCAPES me.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I am concerned for you today.😐 I was distracted earlier, and forgot to mention it in my earlier post. I can't quite put my finger on it, but you don't seem like your usual self, although you chose a GREAT message, and hilarious jokes for us to enjoy. Thank you for that.😊❤

I know you have been troubled with severe pain lately. Please know I am praying that is better for you.🙏

Take good care, dear friend😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles .  This is one of the things I love about you my friend, you are able to read me from afar.  You are correct, I haven't been myself lately, some of it is due to the pain and the rest is family related.  I would love to say that I have a daughter who is caring and kind but unfortunately she is far from it.   I have always been there for her, have I heard the words "Thank You?"...have I ever heard her say to me, Mom, you have done so much for me and were there for me with all the problems I caused you, I appreciate it, and, so on and so on...not once.  She is selfish and self centered without realizing it.

There are also the issues with her ex who makes us miserable with his behavior and nasty mouth.   She keeps saying we have to get him out but she is putting it all on  me to figure out how.  Sadly I cannot go into details here, but the weight of it has finally gotten a bit too heavy and with my dear friend who passed away in July not here to make me laugh, and  to throw out ideas and suggestions, it has finally taken its toll. 

Perhaps as the years pass and I am older, I don't have the strength to deal with it as I once did.  When one has chronic pain and lives with stress, well the two don't mix well.  Anyway, I have no choice but to bounce back, I don't like feeling the way I do so I am going to have to give myself a pep talk, pick myself up and move on.  Thank you so much for noticing and being there for  me.  Everyone I knew and loved are gone, some way too soon.  The tears are starting to flow so I am going to open my book and start typing what I planned for tonight.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Bless your heart! My eyes welled with tears as I read your post.😞 I am so VERY SORRY FOR the adversity you are experiencing, and can certainly empathize about discord in the family dynamic. That level of family distress, is perhaps the most difficult of all to navigate.

By all accounts, you have such a kind, INDOMITABLE spirit, and undoubtedly will persevere, and TRIUMPH over this unfortunate life challenge.👍

In the past, you have spoken tenderly of your loved ones; now in Heaven, and are so BLESSED to have those endearing memories to help sustain you during times such as these. I am certain they would speak just as fondly of you.😊 

I do not know if you are on other social media platforms, but how wonderful it is that you have The Q forums as sort of an outlet. I notice that I visit more often when I need a distraction, from all of the COVID related pandemonium .

Please know that the effort you put into selecting thought-provoking, inspirational, and downright funny, quotes and messages are very much appreciated; especially now.❤

Your forum "family" is here for you!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles   Did you get the response I sent you.?  Just checking because I don't see it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Yes, I saw your post, and when I tried to submit my response, it was gone. It was a bit puzzling, but glitches sometimes happen.🤔 I was humbled by your kind words. Sometimes, we just need a little sunshine on a gloomy day.😊

One of the things you mentioned, was that your computer was STILL in the box. I can only imagine how frustrating that must be; no worries.😊

Youtube has GREAT videos, and written tutorials no how to setup an HP desktop. If you cannot find your exact model, there will likely be a similar one that you can use; as computer setups are pretty standard these days-YAY! A Google search will yield several easy to follow detailed instructions as well.  

Hopefully, you will be up and running soon.🤞😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles ...Well that is a first, a post just disappearing, wow.   Grocery shopping, don't you just love it?  I feel like someone beat me from head to toe.  Here it is, just a wee bit after 9:00 P.M. and I just opened my computer for the first time today.  

I'll check out You Tube and/or Goggle about hooking up my computer, however, it isn't one of my favorite things to do.  I loved when I was working at Warner Bros, I could pick up my phone any day, any time and a Tech would appear in my office within minutes, too bad I don't have use of that function any longer.

I'm glad you liked the Lessons In Life Quotes, they seem to be a favorite.  So guess what, that's what you're getting again tonight.    Smiley Wink  Heart