Esteemed Contributor

If someone wants to walk out of your life,

let them go.  Actually, hold the door open

for them.  Don't ever beg anyone to stay.

If they don't see any value in having you

in their life, forget them.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO RUN

MILES AFTER PEOPLE WHO

WOULDN'T TAKE A STEP

FOR YOU.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

A lot of truth to this!  

Along this same vein, I no longer have a, what I thought was a very close friend, in my life after she said some particularly cruel and uncaring things about a dear person to me.  I called her on it and tried to discuss it --- even asked her point blank to apologize for the remarks and she would not.  Instead, choosing to act as if she did nothing wrong and expecting me to feel the same.  I did not.  She chose to walk away and never speak to me again instead of acknowledging what she had done wrong and doing the right thing and apologizing.  This showed me that this friend was no friend at all.  So --- yeah --- don't beg anyone to stay in your life if they don't care enough to see your value, respect you, or care that they hurt you!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Oh so true...

Respected Contributor

I totally get it, and unfortunately have had to do this with family members.  Have no regrets and never look back! 

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 ...Good for you AngelPuppy1, you  did the best thing for yourself by realizing that person was not a true friend and removed her from your life.  Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

Thank you!  It was sad and hurtful, but what can you do?  You don't need people like that in your life! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin