Honored Contributor

MEDICARE OPEN ENROLLMENT STARTS FRIDAY OCTOBER 15th

MEDICARE OPEN ENROLLMENT STARTS FRIDAY OCTOBER 15th.

Just a heads up.

Honored Contributor

Re: MEDICARE OPEN ENROLLMENT STARTS FRIDAY OCTOBER 15th

I started Medicare last October so this is my first open enrollment.  I absolutely love my supplement plan, but my prescription plan stinks. So I'm going to have to do some research on that. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i am very happy with my plan. i do have a Medicare HMO but in a very small state practically everyone is enrolled in a BLUE.  only change is my hospital copay is going up by $10.  thats ok i have no surgeries coming up.  my plan waived my joint replacement surgery co-pays in 2020, due to covid- everything down to the anesthesia docs.. i was only responsible for my pre-Op CT scan

ed: typo

Esteemed Contributor

I think the recent spike in unwanted phone calls and junk mail hawking medicare plans announced it already.

Honored Contributor

We planning on switching to an Advantage plan, PPO.  Seems to be more bang for the buck.

Honored Contributor

And with it the never ending tv ads! Thank God I can fast forward or pause and then skip them!

Valued Contributor

@kaydee50   I think I'm also going to switch to a Medicare PPO plan.  I need to check to see how much more will be deducted from my Social Security.  I think we are getting a small cost of living increase in 2022 so maybe that can go towards the increase. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

We planning on switching to an Advantage plan, PPO.  Seems to be more bang for the buck.

@kaydee50

Medicare Q1.com is site with Medicare Advantage plan information. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@kaydee50

What is that site @Nuttmeg? I tried it and it doesn't work.

@kaydee50 

Medicare.gov is the site for plugging in your zip code, adding your personal info (create an account) for you to shop for all kinds of plans specific to your region.  .gov is always an official government website. 

You can enroll in a plan there or call a plan's insurance agent to discuss your needs.  You should start with Medicare.gov.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@kaydee50

What is that site @Nuttmeg? I tried it and it doesn't work.

@kaydee50 

Medicare.gov is the site for plugging in your zip code, adding your personal info (create an account) for you to shop for all kinds of plans specific to your region.  .gov is always an official government website. 

You can enroll in a plan there or call a plan's insurance agent to discuss your needs.  You should start with Medicare.gov.

@gertrudecloset 

I Checked the address again it is Q1Medicare. Com. It is a database of information by state about Medicare Advantage Plans and Part D.

The site may have been around for 20 years. 

My insurance an MAP comes with my pension. It is an Aetna PPO  with a $0 deductible and a $10 co-pay. It does have a separate RX run by United Heathcare. I do pay a co-pay for meds. I worked hard with my young charges not to worry about my Medicare costs today. 

The county where I live in NJ. A person would have a $7500 - 10,000 deductible or out of network costs for care with most MAP. 

Most people either have UHC with traditional Medicare or get help from social services to pay for Medicare. 

Most of my friends worked for a company or organization who helps pay for some or all of the costs of Medicare.