Esteemed Contributor

MAjor corporations that send out garbage

I just received a e Mail from AT&T telling me that my Verizon bill will no longer be bundled with my bill for Direct TV and I will now receive two separate bills one from each provider.  THis is what the third paragraph of the E Mail says.

"AS part of this change we'll need to update your billing period.  Your bill period will be moving from the 30th of the month to the th of the month."

Yup it says the th of the month.  No numerical date given.

The letter also,says that if I have questions about my bill I should call the number they list in the letter.  I called.  THe number is for DirectTV who informed me they could not help me and I would need to call Verizon.

Honored Contributor

Re: MAjor corporations that send out garbage

Yeah, you'll have to call because you need to know what number th is.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like SPAM to me 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@KathyPetI think @I am still oxoxcould be right -  SPAM.  Use your own source of numbers to call the companies -  never numbers they offer you.

Esteemed Contributor

THe telephone number they provided to call is the customer service number for DirectTV and is perfectly valid. HOwever, the Direct TV people cannot help me with the question about the change to Verizon billing.  WHy would the letter say to call The number for Direct TV when the change is being made by Verizon?

Honored Contributor

AT&T owns DirecTV or vice versa, so why would AT&T be telling you anything about Verizon?    Are they owned by AT&T also?

I don't bundle anything so I don't understand the process.   Don't need to understand either.    

This seems suspicious to me.  

@KathyPet

Esteemed Contributor

FOr the past 10 years I have received one monthly bill from Direct TV that had charges for Direct TV, my Verizon FIOS internet service and my Verizon home phone service all on one combined bill.  IT was a bundled service that was offered.  EVidently they are now "unbundling"

Esteemed Contributor

Called Verizon.  The CSR said that Direct TV and AT&T are no longer affiliated.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Called Verizon.  The CSR said that Direct TV and AT&T are no longer affiliated.

That's not true.  AT&T is the parent company of AT&T.  Wonder why csr gave out that information?

Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet

I have DIRECTV bundled on my Verizon bill. The price is outrageous. I was happy to hear that AT&T bought DIRECTV. I've been wanting to leave Verizon but AT&T doesn't offer home phone and/or internet in NY. I don't really care about the home phone as we hardly use it but we have to have home phone to get internet service. I think it would be much cheaper to get DIRECTV on its own & not through Verizon so it wouldn't bother me if they billed me separately. My "bundle" savings ran out years ago. Now if I could just find a way to keep DIRECTV & find cheaper home phone/internet... 

But now you say DIRECTV isn't affiliated with AT&T? They were a few months ago, I wonder what happened.