Honored Contributor

MANY POSTS REMOVED OVER LAST 2 DAYS

I was just looking back to comment on a previous post and was surprised to see many posts and those with photos deleted in the last few days.

Comments?

Honored Contributor

Re: MANY POSTS REMOVED OVER LAST 2 DAYS

I haven’t noticed anything different.  I started a post a few days ago that vanished, but this is what usually happens with any of my threads that aren’t about shopping.  

Honored Contributor

@septemberwrote:

I haven’t noticed anything different.  I started a post a few days ago that vanished, but this is what usually happens with any of my threads that aren’t about shopping.  

@september These say “moved”.

Honored Contributor

moved posts are not removed.....just moved to the appropriate forum.

many of them have been animal related.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@septemberwrote:

They always say "moved".

Some get moved to the twilight zone (poofed) others are moved to other forum categories.

I don't see anything new.

Their boards, their decisions.

You can email them your concerns if that helps.

Honored Contributor

@charvalewrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@septemberwrote:

They always say "moved".

Some get moved to the twilight zone (poofed) others are moved to other forum categories.

@charvale No concerns, just never noticed before.

Honored Contributor

@charvalewrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@septemberwrote:

They always say "moved".

The twilight zone!  I like that...makes me feel better about my threads that I can’t find anymore 

Super Contributor

@september, Lol!

👍

Honored Contributor

What I seem to notice is that long periods of time pass where there seems to be little removed, either entire threads or individual posts. People are allowed to push the envelope more than other times.

Then it seems like there is a streak of a lot of things being removed.

I don't know if the mods just get a little more focused and tighten up every so often, or if certain things in the news etc. bring out the posts and comments that are bound to get removed. 

It always seems inconsistent to me, the pattern of it, and what is allowed and what is not over all.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

What I seem to notice is that long periods of time pass where there seems to be little removed, either entire threads or individual posts. People are allowed to push the envelope more than other times.

Then it seems like there is a streak of a lot of things being removed.

I don't know if the mods just get a little more focused and tighten up every so often, or if certain things in the news etc. bring out the posts and comments that are bound to get removed. 

It always seems inconsistent to me, the pattern of it, and what is allowed and what is not over all.

i think more things get removed when there are major news events happening. others are removed that have always been controversial topics. they start off innocently and then get heated.

i think that the mods are trying to keep certain forums going by moving the posts out of community chat and into the category that it fits into.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein