Honored Contributor

Re: MALL rant... need to vent

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I looked up the meaning of "assumingly" in my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary to better understand the OP's "rant".  I couldn't find an entry for the word.

Maybe they spoke in a foreign language and she was guessing it was rude.

I don't know what she meant.

Respected Contributor

I haven't been into a mall for about 10 years. I see no reason to go. Why wander around for hours looking for something which you may not even find when you can go online and probably find it quickly? I never saw aggressive sellers, as you described, but I simply find the whole atmosphere depressing and a waste of time.  We do have a good outlet mall near us which is open-air and doing well. All stores are filled and it's a good place to go for some items if my husband needs a quick pair of his polo trousers or whatever.  But we can park outside and run into the stores of our choice and be in and out quickly without having to wander around in a miserable enclosed mall. 

Honored Contributor

I hate going to the mall.  I go once a year at Christmas time to see the decorations and get in the spirit. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe the OP's phone auto fills in words....whatever....not worthy of fretting over.

I guess she was saying the mall was going downhill anyways thus the mention of gang activity. It IS okay to say gangs can take/make places downhil---right?

I guess I'm shocked gangs want to hang out in malls. Isn't an empty lot or back alley more their turf? Are Auntie Anne's pretzels THAT good?
Honored Contributor

I used to be annoyed by these mall hucksters too. I discovered a solution: I simply listen to my iPod. When the vendors see the earbuds in my ears, and zoned-out look on my face, they don't approach me. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I have not been to a mall in 20 years. Who goes to the mall anymore? I guess the OP of the thread should stop going and shop on line. Probably safer anyway.

Respected Contributor

Many people go to malls to walk, for exercise. I do. I feel safer walking around the malls than on public streets.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer

An upscale mall not far from here has those walks.  People come in a side door, usually elders, and take circular walks together.  They have a security guard on duty who lets them in an hour before the mall opens.

Respected Contributor

I think that's great! Smiley Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@catwhisperer

An upscale mall not far from here has those walks.  People come in a side door, usually elders, and take circular walks together.  They have a security guard on duty who lets them in an hour before the mall opens.

@Noel7  I think you are getting off subject here....the OP was not mall walking. She was shopping. I am sure that the malls can be useful for this senior walking before the mall opens, but  These people are not shopping.