Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAJOR POWER OUTAGES IN SF AND POSSIBLY TWO OTHER AREAS

@Noel7 wrote:

Oh, I should add, one of the posters on this line lives in NY and said she was very aware the subway had a power out yesterday.

The real issue is that our infrastructure is breaking down.

Hi Noel.

Yes, our infrastructures are aging and need upgrading here in the USA.  Guess what, that means JOBS.  Jobs for those that see opportunity to work and avail themselves to do so.  Not such a bad thing. 

Here in L.A. we have power outages here and there year round.  It's not such 'an event'.  Often times, when there are wild weekends with plenty of drinking, drunk drivers hit a power pole, a junction box, etc. and a neighborhood will loose power until the utility companies come out to repair the problem. 

News reporters have to sensationalize and spin things.  They are out of a job if they don't - maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAJOR POWER OUTAGES IN SF AND POSSIBLY TWO OTHER AREAS

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Oh, I should add, one of the posters on this line lives in NY and said she was very aware the subway had a power out yesterday.

The real issue is that our infrastructure is breaking down.

Hi Noel.

Yes, our infrastructures are aging and need upgrading here in the USA.  Guess what, that means JOBS.  Jobs for those that see opportunity to work and avail themselves to do so.  Not such a bad thing. 

Here in L.A. we have power outages here and there year round.  It's not such 'an event'.  Often times, when there are wild weekends with plenty of drinking, drunk drivers hit a power pole, a junction box, etc. and a neighborhood will loose power until the utility companies come out to repair the problem. 

News reporters have to sensationalize and spin things.  They are out of a job if they don't - maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing. 

For all I've read in this line "infrastructure" was not the initial concern.  Terrorism was and still is, of course.  Since I believe these two events are unrelated it is much more plausible that they were separate events with no correlation between them at all.

*Call Tyrone*