Honored Contributor

Re: MAJOR POWER OUTAGES IN SF AND POSSIBLY TWO OTHER AREAS

@ms traditional wrote:

LA?  not to my knowledge. ok here in SFValle anyway.   it's an SF problem.

I don't think so, CNN reported it and so has a major network in San Jose. 

Honored Contributor

This sounded serious to me so I turned on the TV.  None of the three cable news channels are reporting it and my local news is not either.  That is odd. 

Honored Contributor

CBS has reported it hit the subways in NY.  A poster on this line said the same thing.

@ms traditional

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

CBS has reported it hit the subways in NY.  A poster on this line said the same thing.

A Power outage in the subway while infrequent is not unheard of. Not what would remotely thought of as a major power outage. Happy to see you still have power,

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

LA?  not to my knowledge. ok here in SFValley anyway.  it seems to be an SF problem. i don't know where the grid outage rumor came from but see no reporting of it hereabouts.

@ms traditional

Reports coming out about the power outage in the LA area, one saying traffic congestion problems because of it.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

This sounded serious to me so I turned on the TV.  None of the three cable news channels are reporting it and my local news is not either.  That is odd. 

I think it's odd, too @DiAnne

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@ms traditional

@noel7interesting -  of course SF and NY are served by different utilities. i expect they are on different grids.  here comes another conspiracy........!!!  have you read of anything about LA outside of CNN?

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

A Power outage in the subway while infrequent is not unheard of. Not what would remotely thought of as a major power outage. Happy to see you still have power,

Me, too!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The outage in Manhattan affected the subway system.  The problem originated at the 7th Avenue-53rd Street area (not the first time this station has had power issues), and it affected the signal system.  Our local news at noon said the cause was still not clear, but Con Edison and the Transit Authority were blaming each other.  We've had several transit problems in the last month involving the Long Island Railroad, NJ Transit trains, and Amtrak, all into Penn Station.  Nothing unusual here -- just another fun commuting day in NYC.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@ms traditional

@noel7interesting -  of course SF and NY are served by different utilities. i expect they are on different grids.  here comes another conspiracy........!!!  have you read of anything about LA outside of CNN?

Yes, just posted it to you.