Honored Contributor

Re: MAJOR POWER OUTAGES IN SF AND POSSIBLY TWO OTHER AREAS

@ms traditional wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

CBS has reported it hit the subways in NY.  A poster on this line said the same thing.

@ms traditional

@noel7interesting -  of course SF and NY are served by different utilities. i expect they are on different grids.  here comes another conspiracy........!!!  have you read of anything about LA outside of CNN?

@ms traditional

I'm hoping there will be a conspiracy to invest heavily in repairing our infrastructure 😊

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Do we know why?

Of course we know why. . . 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

CBS has reported it hit the subways in NY.  A poster on this line said the same thing.

@ms traditional

@noel7interesting -  of course SF and NY are served by different utilities. i expect they are on different grids.  here comes another conspiracy........!!!  have you read of anything about LA outside of CNN?

@ms traditional

I'm hoping there will be a conspiracy to invest heavily in repairing our infrastructure 😊

@Noel7ha!  last time we got money for infrastructure here in Cali it didn't get to intended facilities, like Oroville, i'm afraid.  the utilities have been complaining about the grid for 10-15 years. well we'll see if there is a connection with all these outages.  i read about an outage at LAX - but this has yet to hit local news - LAT, Daily News, ABC7, etc

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@ms traditional

@ms traditional

ha!  last time we got money for infrastructure here in Cali it didn't get to intended facilities, like Oroville, i'm afraid.  the utilities have been complaining about the grid for 10-15 years. well we'll see if there is a connection with all these outages.  i read about an outage at LAX - but this has yet to hit local news - LAT, Daily News, ABC7, etc

@ms traditional

The roads here are terrible, there's a lot of damage to cars because of it, and we get power outages often where we are.  It's a miracle this one bypassed us.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7  stay safe.  i don't know what's worse here - the roads or the drivers, frankly!

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Noel7  stay safe.  i don't know what's worse here - the roads or the drivers, frankly!

Thank you. You, too @ms traditional 😊

Honored Contributor

Conspiracy?

Respected Contributor

I lost power this morning and it was quite the job getting to work with all the traffic lights out, but they were on when I got about 90% there and my office has had power.  I saw that 15,000 of 95,000 had power restored and hope I have it back when I get home!!

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

My understanding is that there are only 3 major power grids; 

#1-  covers the east coast west past the Mississippi 

#2 - runs from the west coast until it connects with the one from the east, they run concurrently until they reach the Sate is Texas.

#3- Texas has it's own

Seems mighty slim to me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe, I am kind of wondering is this a bungled attempt? We may not know anything any time soon-coincidence???

Poodlepet2