Valued Contributor

Just an update to give fair warning to others: Briefly, I purchased an expensive piece of jewelry online for my daughter, returned it within 48 hours, Macy's received it and said a return was "in progress". That was a month ago. After many calls the result is that they "just don't know when they will refund it.". Their web pages for the item say in several places that refunds will be processed within 3-5 business days. On the advice of a nice lady here, I contacted my credit card company and they are taking care of it. I got the impression from them that this was not a new issue for them with Macy's. I just wanted to alert you all to this disturbing lack of action by Macy's. 

Honored Contributor

Re: MACY'S NIGHTMARE!! PRT 3

@furbabylover Thanks for the update. Glad you contacted the CC company. As you said, this sounds like something they are familiar with.

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover    Hopefully all's well that ends well.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Macy’s is having trouble even staying open for business, so your issue is probably just one of many their customers are having. I tried to send an e-gift card to a family member for her birthday and it never showed up in her email even though I was charged for it. No luck with CS so I had to get in the car and go to the office of one of the Macy’s where I live. The woman was very nice, but my family member did get her e gift card three weeks later. Why would something that is emailed take 3 weeks to get there?  I am just not doing any business with them again. They are really in a state of disarray.

Valued Contributor

Macy's is actually in more than a "state of disarray". They are violating the law. I have read that they are trying to raise 5 billion dollars to stay out of bankruptcy. Also they are paying their top executives mega, mega salaries, which has brought them under the eyes of watchdog groups who are crying foul, since Macy's has been laying off thousands of workers while their big shots haul in the dough. Not a good sign.