Respected Contributor

This set is awesome. I used the Kitchen Keeper one on my turkey yesterday with the spices in the pats of butter under the skin and on the melted butter when I basted it. Wonderful taste.

My son loves the Everything Bagel spices as he said it tastes just like ones me buys when he put it on a plain toasted bagel.

I know these are expensive but spices are. I took half of each jar and bought empty salt and pepper shakers and filled then for my daughter also. She loves them too. Nice shaker tops with larger holes on the ones I bought. $1.00 a set at the Dollar Tree. I bought 5 sets and I had 1 left over that I made up sugar and cinnamon in for my toast.

A nice gift for the person hard to buy for. 
I am going to write to the lady at Saltopia that brings them to QVC and ask if she could include shaker tops on them. The spoon put too much on things you want a small amount. I don't want to be putting my fingers in each jar to use them.

Esteemed Contributor

My takeaway from the puchase is that the seasonings are not balanced either to cook with or season something. For example the everything  bagel had way to much salt and not enough everything.  Same with the other flavors, you can buy these type of products much cheaper elsewhere with a better balance.

Respected Contributor

@hopi that's a great idea to put shakers with holes on the top.  I have the same problem with the small spoon

Respected Contributor

@hopi  I saw on Saltopia online that they have low salt spices also. Maybe they will bring them to QVC.

I checked all of my 9 jars in the set that I got and none had excessive amount of salt in them. Maybe the machine was near the end of the batch when yours were made. I do agree that they should be ratio of more spices than salt. Many people need to limit their salt. 
I did send an email to Saltopia to their site online yesterday regarding adding a shaker top to the jars to prevent using more than you need. The spoons are nice but still pour out onto food too fast. I may put some of mine in salt shakers that just have larger holes to use with the Saltopia. My daughter loves the ones I put in the salt shakers of these spices for her to try. I wrote what they were and taped on the shakers along with a smiley face or date of spices in them so she had my handwriting on them. I cherish my Mom's writing on the few things I have since she passed away.