Esteemed Contributor

Re: M51968 cuddling stuffed dog

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I agree that this could be a good "companion" animal, but it's just a plush animal, right?

How is this any different from all of the other plush cats and dogs that are on the market?

What is propriety about it?

I'm not trying to be difficult, I just genuinely don't understand the difference between this and all of the other plush doggies and kitties out there.

Can someone please explain the difference to me?

Thanks! Woman Happy

It's electronic - like the new Furbys, dinosaurs and other electronic toys. It responds to voice and touch with certain programmed responses - meows, purrs (with vibration), tail wags, barks, etc. like similar toys do.

It doesn't just sit motionless like stuffed animal because it isn't a stuffed animal - it's an electronic toy shaped like a dog or cat and covered with fake fur/hair.

Oh! Okay! Thank-you!Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

That is the cutest darn thing ever. Perfect for seniors.

Heck, I'm thinking about getting one. Research studies have shown that petting a dog will lower BP (in the human) significantly. As the stress leaves our body, the petting of a dog lowers the stress hormones. 

I'm adding this to my Santa list!

Thanks, @151949, for mentioning this!

dee

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think the OP was disparaging pet ownership in any way. As we age or become infirm many people CANNOT physically take care of a pet or lives in a residence that does not allow pets. This therapy toy would be ideal in those situations, IMO.

dee

Respected Contributor

If I didnt have my furbaby boy, I'd buyt one.

Respected Contributor

I am considering getting the dog or the original cat companion for my stepmother, who has Alzheimer's and my father, who suffers from dementia. I think this would give them pleasure.

Honored Contributor

That dog looks like a golden retriever!Heart How adorable.Woman Very Happy I would like to have one of those for myself.Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

I was thinking about getting one for my dad, but then I read reviews on them (the dog and the cat).  Someone said that these are not soft - that they are hard under the fur and not cuddly at all.  But most of the other reviews were quite positive. I'm not sure now.  I wish they could make something like these, but make them more "snuggly", if that makes any sense.

Honored Contributor

We moved across country over five years ago and in the six months prior to that move my beloved Corgis (I had two, Happy & Joy) and they passed away.  Happy was 15 and had a serious illness that was kept in check for five years.  But my other baby was only 10 and had bladder cancer.  I was devastated.  DH found a little stuffed Corgi in the tri-color that looked just like them and believe it or not, just looking at that dear little stuffed animal gave me some peace.

We now have a seriously funny, strong minded Taffy colored Corgi named Molly and my son found and gave me a stuffed Corgi (for my birthday in July)  that looks just like her~!  Now I have the two of them sitting together in our bedroom and just looking at them gives me such a wonderful feeling.  

I think the stuffed animated dog on QVC would be a wonderful gift to anyone who loves animals..... young, old, lonely, not so lonely, just anyone~!  I think it's a great idea!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I do not have dementia, am not yet quite a senior,  but am disabled and currently do not own any pets......but I wouldnt frown on getting that animated pet......would love it actually. Would be very therapuetic to me. I miss having a dog around to be truthful.