Esteemed Contributor

Re: M&M's Crispies are Back!

I tried them a couple of times but I thought they were dry so I didn't really care for them.

I thought for sure I still saw the Crème Savers in stores. I'm probably mistaken though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the reminder about Amazon, Romary. Smile

It seems like they sell just about everything, don't they?

Honored Contributor

i didnt really care for them at all, but my older daughter loves them. she was buying them often when she studied abroad in europe for a year. she is excited to see they are making a comeback.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I found quite a few 'retro' types of candy/bars at Cost Plus World Market. Remember those violet flavored mints? They have them there. The various brands could possibly be listed on their website.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

I just bought some Creme Savers (they only make strawberry) today for a friend's mother, so they're still around.

I didn't realize that the crispies had been gone for a decade. time flies. lol.

Trusted Contributor

Oh yes, I remember those mints. Violet candy has been around for a very long time. I remember one of my Grandmothers telling me that she used to eat it as a child, and that it was popular when she was young, and that would have been about a hundred years ago now.

I remember buying it at an old general store that used to be in our area. It was a neat old store. Going to that store was like going back in time. It had wooden floors, and and old-fashioned front counter, where they had different kinds of unique gum and candy.

They used to sell the Beeman's gum there, too. I used to like getting the Beeman's gum. I used to love chewing Black Jack gum. It was one of my favorites.

Respected Contributor

There was an ad for them at the theatre yesterday.
Honored Contributor

I just picked up the cherry M&Ms at Target.

Respected Contributor

Good move with the price of chocolate going up. Filling them with cheap puffed rice. I'm stock piling chocolate chips.
Honored Contributor

northernlights: I don't know whether or not I'm imagining this, but I think that I recall seeing Beeman's Gum (Maybe even Black Jack Gum?) there at Cost Plus World Market. I'll have to take a good look next time I'm in the area. They have an excellent selection of the retro candies. When I was very, very young, we had a couple of candy/small grocery stores nearby (med. city) in our neighborhood. Lots of candies. Remember the long paper ribbon with tiny 'dots' candies adhered to it? ..............Oh, BTW, anyone remember those 'Sen-Sen' breath mints? Teeny-tiny little black squares of licorice in a teeny-tiny package. My mom always had them in her pocket and/or purse. Haven't seen them in ages, anywhere.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).