Respected Contributor

Re: M. Markle's brother warns Harry~!

IMO whenever you have half siblings or children from different fathers the likelihood of sibling rivalry is dramatically increased.

Seems like he waited as long as possible to see if he got invited. I had a similar situation. My sibling threatened to walk out of the bridal party the day of the wedding. I was very naive and wanted to include someone who had shown me unkindness for many years.

I'm glad Meghan Markle is not making the same mistake.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This discussion made me think of something, and some of you might be in agreement with me and some might not.

If suddenly I were famous and people weighed in on what sort of person I am, I think (I hope!) the balance would be favorable.  But suppose, just suppose, that those who disliked me from the get-go (that happens to folks sometimes) or because of a perceived slight were in the majority of respondees and said I was a despicable person.  Ouch!  I don't think I'd look good to all of you, the reading public.

So, it might be best to hope that the negative comments about M.M. are not representative of who she really is.   

As they say, time will tell.

Re:  NycVixen's comment:  I see that phenomenon in my extended family.  I have been trying -- from the outside -- to get to the root of this sense of jealousy or resentment one person has for another, and so far I am not certain.  I have nothing but "best guesses" on my part.  Half-siblings have their own set of problems, don't they? 

Honored Contributor

@CJC wrote:

I know I'm in the minority, but I view Ms Markle as a very inappropriate choice to marry into any royal family in any country.  Stating the many reasons would not be permitted, so I'll just say I've not had much interest in Britain's royals since the Charles/Diana/Camilla fiasco.  Just my opinion.  Enjoy the wedding hoopla if you're a loyal royal fan. 

@CJC

Of course garden variety hate speech isn't permitted here.

Since the queen met, loved and approved of Meghan as a match for Harry, it's obvious your assessment is totally invalid.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I hope his passport is withheld until after the wedding. All of a sudden he wants to be in the spotlight with Meghan and it’s too late to make amends. The wedding is going to be televised around the world and he won’t be a part of the special day. 

Honored Contributor

I think people making veiled cracks about a lady who is biracial, are  despicable ...I hope the mods  delete that post

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess 

The security in place, ready to protect, and ready for all situations. 

Honored Contributor

I guess I am one of the few who thinks Harry is very handsome. From all the stories I have seen about him throughout his life, he also seems like a great guy.

Respected Contributor

We carrot tops resent snarky comments.

Honored Contributor

The brother and sister are cashing in on Meghan's popularity.  Selling their stories to magazines.  It is SICK.  Meghan has not been close to either brother or sister.  They are jealous and vindicti e people because their lives are less than normal  So sad.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength