Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

That's great news especially since I just bought a few containers of Lysol wipes.  I hope those are one of the two products. 🤞

@wildcat fan 

Are you on the East Coast?   They have been completely out of stock here everywhere!   Hope to see them soon.

@Tinkrbl44 Our Walmart here in South Carolina has been selling the Lysol wipes for the past month or so.  If they are out, I notice they've restocked by the next time I shop.  I go to Walmart every 7 to 10 days--about 30 minutes before they close in the evenings.  I find there aren't many shoppers at that time, and that's when they have employees stocking the shelves.

These Lysol wipes come in 3 packs (80 wipes each) for about $7 or $8.  I meant to put some in the car when I traveled to see my parents, but forgot.  There was a Walmart in Tennessee when we stopped to get gas, so I quickly ran in to see if they had some and they did.  I hope they come to your area soon.  🤞

Valued Contributor

@CorrTor wrote:

Nice to know. I haven't seen Lysol on the shelves for months....

Or wipes.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Lysol Disinfectant

[ Edited ]

Hexol had/has a lingering odor.............recall the odor when I was a child.

Years later, I added a few drops when washing a foam egg carton type of mattress topper..........the odor never did dissipate.

I recently ran across that bottle of Hexol in garage metal cabinet.

EDITED to say/guess that first dilluting only a few drops in a half gallon or gallon of water might not have a strong odor.   Could be that I used too much when washing that foam mattress topper.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Oh, wait!!...............I just went over and Web searched Hexol........also natural disinfectants............Guess what!  I ran across Borax.

Borax is listed as a natural disinfectant.

I have two boxes of Borax, and I don't detect any strong odor whatsoever.

I sometimes add a bit into my laundry, as a towel freshener.

Just wondering if we add a bit of Borax into a quart or half gallon of water, would it be a good disinfectant?  

Just wondering............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

That is great but I haven't been able to get any online or pick up or in store anywhere! Anyone else?

When I see the adds on tv for Lysol,

I just think whats the point? You can't get any!

A customer service person told me they hold things out for medical first responders, uless you can find it in stores at just the right time or something like that?!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Lysol spray not visible here in Midwest since February.  Wipes by Lysol or Clorox very  scarcely seen.  Saw some Wal-Mart brand two weeks ago but they were gone  in short order.  I make intentional stop for wipes but no luck.  Two days ago I saw shelves empty at Wal-Mart then I saw woman with triple pack!  I almost followed her to ask where she got - yikes I am desperate.  I asked employees but they said none available. 

Honored Contributor
I would never spray Lysol or anything else on my face other than water. Using a wipe meant for a kitchen counter or bathroom is not something I want to use on my skin. Most drs say soap and water on your skin is best.
Honored Contributor
I always have Clorox around, am running low on Clorox wipes but have used regular bleach in bathrooms. Cheap and in stock most places now.
Honored Contributor

I haven't been able to find Lysol spray or the wipes since all this began!  I guess people are very quick on the trigger and must be there the moment the products are put on the shelves!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I already had full spray bottles of Lysol in the cabinet under the kitchen sink and both bathrooms. I learned that from my mother. I always have a jug or two of Clorox to dilute for various uses. It seems to be back in stock in most stores now.