Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

If soap and water kills it on our skin,why not mix up soap and water in a spray bottle?

@goldensrbest,  it isn't just the soap and water that kills the virus on skin it is the "scrubbing" action that breaks its "shell" exposing the virus thereby preventing it from entering a host (human).

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
Honored Contributor

Re: Lysol Disinfectant

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

If soap and water kills it on our skin,why not mix up soap and water in a spray bottle?

Unless you spray and then rub very well, you would not be achieving the same effect. It's as much the scrubbing as it is the soap and water.

@goldensrbest& @desertrat8 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Marp, jinx, you owe me a Coke. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

EPA approves two Lysol products as the first to effectively kill novel coronavirus on surfaces

CNN

@JaneMarple 

Really? Then someone needs to send the EPA back to school. The virus cannot be killed. It is not alive. 

I am tired of hearing experts misuse the word “kill” about the virus. It isn’t really all that nit picky of me to expect them to speak correctly.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest,  it isn't just the soap and water that kills the virus on skin it is the "scrubbing" action that breaks its "shell" exposing the virus thereby preventing it from entering a host (human).

Yes, scrubbing, but soap and water kliis this virus.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3,  with or without rum?

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
Trusted Contributor

I have a can of Lysol.  I bought it just last week.  I don't even use the stuff.  I just thought I'd be remiss in my covid mindfulness if I passed it by.  I've passed by so many things that I regret in covid times I tend to pick these things up now.

Still no purell though, and the Lysol spray is gone from that shelf.  They now have that microban stuff they advertise on tv.

Respected Contributor

I have always used bleach or products with beach to clean the bathrooms and kitchen.(46 years) I have "house clothes" (tee shirts) that are all stained with bleach that I wear to clean in. I also add a small squirt of bleach to to my hot soapy dishwater to wash dishes. Sometimes I put a squirt in the dishwasher when I use it.

My mom still uses the Lysol in the little brown bottle to clean. I can remember, as a kid, coming home from school to that smell. I hate it!(that and Lestoil. She and dh both love Lestoil to remove stains from clothes). The smell of both of those products make me gag!🤢

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3,  with or without rum?

Ach, I have to pass on the rum...right back to you!

@Marp Heart

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

That's great news especially since I just bought a few containers of Lysol wipes.  I hope those are one of the two products. 🤞

@wildcat fan 

Are you on the East Coast?   They have been completely out of stock here everywhere!   Hope to see them soon.